TripActions is the fastest-growing corporate travel platform disrupting a $1.5T industry and shaping the future of business travel.
TripActions is a story of inspiration born of frustration. Road warriors and co-founders Ariel Cohen and Ilan Twig believed that companies deserved a travel solution that takes the pain out of work trips –– so that their travelers can focus on being productive and meeting in-person, not wasting valuable time booking travel. So in 2015, they created TripActions. Since then, we’ve been a mission to power the face-to-face, in-person connections that move people, ideas and businesses forward.
TripActions’ platform offers a vast selection of inventory that travelers can choose from, a personalized, intuitive user interface driven by machine learning, and 24/7 proactive real human, customer support. Companies enjoy complete travel program visibility, over 30% cost savings on average and seamless integrations with their HR and expense systems.
Globally, TripActions has grown to over 600 employees across 7 offices in 4 countries. We support over 1,500 customers, with innovative brands like Lyft, Dropbox, Sara Lee Frozen Bakery, Allbirds, Robinhood and the ACLU relying on TripActions for their business travel needs. As one of Silicon Valley’s newest “unicorns”, TripActions has a valuation north of $1B and a total of $232M in funding. We’ve recently received $154M in our Series C funding round –– led by new investor Andreessen Horowitz, with participation from repeat investors Lightspeed Venture Partners, Zeev Ventures and SGVC.
TripActions was recently recognized as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies for 2019, #12 in LinkedIn’s Top Startups 2018 and #3 in the U.S. for Happiest Employees by Comparably.
We’re redefining what it means to travel for work. Come help us build the future of business travel.
ABOUT THE ROLE
At TripActions, we are constantly striving to make the most reliable and scalable systems possible to ensure that our platform is available to our travelers when they need it most. With our exponential growth, we have many exciting challenges up ahead. We are expanding our Site Reliability Engineering team to tackle these obstacles, and provide world class availability to our travelers.
As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will work with your teammates and the rest of the TripActions engineering teams to build reliable infrastructure, with automation and tooling to support it. You will have the chance to work through challenging scaling issues, dig in deep to debug the hardest technical problems, work across the stack solving problems, and help to sustain unmatched reliability of our systems.
This position is based out of headquarters in Palo Alto, CA.
- Help build systems and tooling to support automating our reliability and scaling efforts.
- Participate in shared oncalls with the partner teams, getting hands-on with the platforms, and providing blazing fast response time to issues.
- Work with partners to shape the architecture, design, and implementations of new and existing systems to enhance their reliability, efficiency, and scalability.
- Ensure all key services are measured, monitored, and properly alerting.
- Work in a collaborative environment, working together across many teams to ensure our systems are performing as well as possible.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent practical experience.
- Demonstrated experience of coding in production environments.
- Experience working with AWS, or a similar cloud environment.
- Experience coding in higher-level languages (e.g. Python, Java, C++).
- Experience in the Linux environment and a good understanding of its fundamentals and internals: filesystems and modern memory management, threads and processes, the user/kernel-space divide, etc.
- Unending curiosity and a tenacious desire to get to the bottom of technical problems.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Significant experience coding in Java
- Experience with Kubernetes, or similar container orchestration frameworks
- Experience with Spring Framework (2+ years).
- Experience with Hibernate or similar ORM technologies (2+ years).
- Experience with integrating travel inventory systems.
- Health: Medical, dental and vision
- Food: Catered meals and drinks
- Stock: Be invested in our future
- Savings: Take advantage of our 401K
- Travel: $2000 personal travel stipend to use on the app every year
- Commuter benefits: Pre-tax benefit plus a $1000 yearly transportation stipend
- People: Friendly, nice and smart coworkers
- Work/life balance: Take time off when you need it with an open vacation policy. Monthly recharge days ensure you’re at your best.
- Location: Work from Palo Alto