TripActions is the fastest-growing corporate travel platform disrupting a $1.5T industry and shaping the future of business travel.
TripActions is a story of inspiration born of frustration. Road warriors and co-founders Ariel Cohen and Ilan Twig believed that companies deserved a travel solution that takes the pain out of work trips –– so that their travelers can focus on being productive and meeting in-person, not wasting valuable time booking travel. So in 2015, they created TripActions. Since then, we’ve been a mission to power the face-to-face, in-person connections that move people, ideas and businesses forward.
TripActions’ platform offers a vast selection of inventory that travelers can choose from, a personalized, intuitive user interface driven by machine learning, and 24/7 proactive real human, customer support. Companies enjoy complete travel program visibility, over 30% cost savings on average and seamless integrations with their HR and expense systems.
Globally, TripActions has grown to over 600 employees across 7 offices in 4 countries. We support over 1,500 customers, with innovative brands like Lyft, Dropbox, Sara Lee Frozen Bakery, Allbirds, Robinhood and the ACLU relying on TripActions for their business travel needs. As one of Silicon Valley’s newest “unicorns”, TripActions has a valuation north of $1B and a total of $232M in funding. We’ve recently received $154M in our Series C funding round –– led by new investor Andreessen Horowitz, with participation from repeat investors Lightspeed Venture Partners, Zeev Ventures and SGVC.
TripActions was recently recognized as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies for 2019, #12 in LinkedIn’s Top Startups 2018 and #3 in the U.S. for Happiest Employees by Comparably.
We’re redefining what it means to travel for work. Come help us build the future of business travel.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As TripActions continues to grow and scale, building and maintaining valuable relationships with our travel suppliers is paramount. TripActions is looking for an experienced supplier relations manager to join a rapidly growing supplier relations team. The ideal candidate will understand travel supply and distribution and come with pre-existing relationships with global travel companies. Relationship building skills are a must, as is the ability to breakthrough traditional supplier/distributor paradigms to find true value for our travelers. The position will be US-based (preferably Seattle or Bay Area) and will initially focus on airline and car rental partnerships.
- Develop supplier maximization strategy to increase performance / earnings under new and existing programs; monitor on an ongoing basis.
- Establish, manage and oversee key supplier relationships for TripActions to provide maximum value to the organization.
- Manage and oversee supplier evaluations, negotiations and contracting for the organization.
- Provide analytical support for contract negotiations, business reviews, budgeting and forecasts.
- Conduct required research and collect needed data to complete financial modeling to support new contracts and understand impacts to the business.
- Analyze travel patterns to maximize performance and identify opportunities for new programs.
- Make recommendations for preferred, non-preferred partnership strategies.
- Maintain beneficial relationships as the TripActions liaison with suppliers.
- Negotiate supplier commission and override contracts.
- Report to senior management on programs, performance and recommendations for improvements.
- Create and maintain a business plan to support programs.
- Develop operational support communication plan for suppliers.
- Monitor strategy on an ongoing basis.
- Manage soft dollars for each supplier.
- 5+ years in travel supply, distribution or related field
- Demonstrated experience building and maintaining relationships with large global travel brands
- Experience understanding global content nuances and ability to think both about scalable solutions as well as individual regional needs
- Must like to work in a collaborative environment with team goals. This is a cross-functional role that must build and maintain ongoing communications and relationships with several teams within TripActions
- Must be comfortable with a fast-moving, sometimes ambiguous, environment.
- Travel expected on a needed basis
- Health: Medical, dental and vision
- Food: Catered meals and drinks
- Stock: Be invested in our future
- Savings: Take advantage of our 401K matching
- Travel: $2000 personal travel stipend to use on the app every year
- People: Friendly, nice and smart coworkers
- Location: Bay Area or Seattle