TripActions is the fastest-growing corporate travel platform disrupting a $1.3T industry and shaping the future of business travel.
TripActions is a story of inspiration born of frustration. Road warriors and co-founders Ariel Cohen and Ilan Twig believed that companies deserved a travel solution that takes the pain out of work trips –– so that their travelers can focus on being productive and meeting in-person, not wasting valuable time booking travel. So in 2015, they created TripActions. TripActions’ platform offers a vast selection of inventory that travelers can choose from, a personalized, intuitive user interface driven by machine learning, and 24/7 proactive real human, customer support. Companies enjoy complete travel program visibility, over 30% cost savings on average and seamless integrations with their HR and expense systems.
Globally, TripActions has grown to over 400 employees across 7 offices in 4 countries. We support over 1,000 customers, with innovative brands like Lyft, Dropbox, Sara Lee Frozen Bakery, SurveyMonkey, Robinhood and the ACLU relying on TripActions for their business travel needs. As one of Silicon Valley’s newest “unicorns”, TripActions has a valuation north of $1B and a total of $232M in funding. We’ve recently received $154M in our Series C funding round –– led by new investor Andreessen Horowitz, with participation from repeat investors Lightspeed Venture Partners, Zeev Ventures and SGVC.
TripActions was recently ranked #3 in the U.S. for Happiest Employees by Comparably, reflecting our focus on company culture and our incredible team. We’re on a mission to power the in-person connections that move people, ideas and businesses forward.
We’re redefining what it means to travel for work. Come help us build the future of business travel.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As TripActions continues to see significant adoption in the market and grow 20%+ MoM, we are looking for a VP of Inside Sales to help scale, lead, coach, and motivate a team of high performing, quota crushing Commercial Account Executives, SDRs, and Managers. This role will report directly to the Chief Revenue Officer. TripActions is looking for a natural leader who loves to sell, is energized by nurturing and developing leaders, can scale an effective process, and is exceptional at inspiring customers and prospects through a fast-cycle, complex sales process.
This role will be based out of San Francisco or Palo Alto office overseeing global inside sales.
- Scale a large Inside Sales business, coordinating the efforts and resources required to maximize business results.
- Set vision, values, and mission for the Inside Sales organization. Develop and execute creative and efficient go-to-market strategies alongside the sales and marketing management team to seed Commercial growth.
- Consistently achieve revenue targets and goals, overseeing a quota that accounts for 45% of the business.
- Partner closely with field marketing and sales development to source deals and drive strategic sales initiatives.
- Improve upon our existing approaches and process to account management and customer adoption, in close partnership with Customer Success.
- Develop accurate forecasts and meticulously manage sales activity in CRM and other sales management tools.
- Foster an environment of collaboration and ongoing learning within the team and across customer lifecycle.
- Develop, train and inspire directors, managers, team leads, and ICs on a daily basis and recognize and reward accomplishments and contribution including competitions and spiffs.
- Develop a bench of world-class leaders to enable fast scale-up over the next 12-24 months.
- Develop and refine best practices and ensure adherence to Salesforce usage as well as accurate forecasting practices.
- Support team growth by developing and/or maintaining content for on-boarding, training, scripts, and playbooks.
- 10+ years of proven success as a sales leader in fast-growing organizations within the technology industry.
- Track record in building large organizations across multiple theaters/regions (150+) and efficiently hiring and training top talent, particularly in a hyper-growth start-up environment.
- Experience creating a scalable and high-performing inside sales organization with steep YoY revenue growth
- 3+ years as an individual, closing role specific, sales person within the technology and/or travel industries.
- Strong leadership DNA, with a focus on training, coaching and motivation. Track record of developing leaders as a second and third line manager/executive.
- Expert knowledge of the full sales cycle, from prospecting, cold calling through to negotiation and closing.
- Ability to understand, articulate, and lead complex sales processes.
- Technical aptitude, and ability to learn new concepts quickly.
- Analytical thinker with demonstrated command of metrics-driven sales models.
- Strong career trajectory with a history of top performance in successive roles.
- Health: Medical, dental and vision
- Food: Catered meals and drinks
- Stock: Be invested in our future
- Savings: Take advantage of our 401K
- Travel: $2000 personal travel stipend to use on the app every year
- Commuter benefits: Pre-tax benefit plus a $1000 yearly transportation stipend
- People: Friendly, nice and smart coworkers
- Work/life balance: Take time off when you need it with an open vacation policy. Monthly recharge days ensure you’re at your best
- Location: Work from our Palo Alto/San Francisco office