TripActions is the fastest-growing corporate travel platform disrupting a $1.3T industry and shaping the future of business travel.
TripActions is a story of inspiration born of frustration. Road warriors and co-founders Ariel Cohen and Ilan Twig believed that companies deserved a travel solution that takes the pain out of work trips –– so that their travelers can focus on being productive and meeting in-person, not wasting valuable time booking travel. So in 2015, they created TripActions. TripActions’ platform offers a vast selection of inventory that travelers can choose from, a personalized, intuitive user interface driven by machine learning, and 24/7 proactive real human, customer support. Companies enjoy complete travel program visibility, over 30% cost savings on average and seamless integrations with their HR and expense systems.
Globally, TripActions has grown to over 400 employees across 7 offices in 4 countries. We support over 1,000 customers, with innovative brands like Lyft, Dropbox, Sara Lee Frozen Bakery, SurveyMonkey, Robinhood and the ACLU relying on TripActions for their business travel needs. As one of Silicon Valley’s newest “unicorns”, TripActions has a valuation north of $1B and a total of $232M in funding. We’ve recently received $154M in our Series C funding round –– led by new investor Andreessen Horowitz, with participation from repeat investors Lightspeed Venture Partners, Zeev Ventures and SGVC.
TripActions was recently ranked #3 in the U.S. for Happiest Employees by Comparably, reflecting our focus on company culture and our incredible team. We’re on a mission to power the in-person connections that move people, ideas and businesses forward.
We’re redefining what it means to travel for work. Come help us build the future of business travel.
ABOUT THE ROLE
At TripActions, we are constantly striving to make the most reliable and scalable systems possible to ensure that our platform is available to our travelers when they need it most. With our exponential growth, we have many exciting challenges up ahead. We are expanding our Site Reliability Engineering team to tackle these obstacles, and provide world class availability to our travelers.
As Technical Lead, you will work with the Head of SRE to map out and drive large scale technical roadmaps across our entire infrastructure. You will work across a vast array of systems and technologies, aiming to build an autonomous, monitored, fault-tolerant infrastructure that is optimized for both simplicity and uptime. You will collaborate with the backend and frontend engineering teams to ensure that product solutions are scalable, efficient, and reliable. You will design infrastructure to support our massive growth and work with the team to maintain the highest level of service.
This position is based out of headquarters in Palo Alto, CA.
- Design and implement reliable infrastructure to support a rapidly scaling 24/7 product.
- Dig deep into technical problems, providing rapid mitigation, rigorous root cause analysis, effective communication, and thorough post mortem reporting.
- Mentor engineers on the team, scaling yourself and up-leveling your peers.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent practical experience.
- 10+ years experience in coding in production.
- Expert knowledge of running large scale systems in cloud environments, preferably AWS.
- Experience coding in higher-level languages (e.g. Python, Java, C++).
- Experience in configuration and maintenance of applications such as web servers, load balancers, relational databases, storage systems, and messaging systems.
- Experience deploying CI/CD safely and rapidly within an established engineering organization.
- Track record of ideation and innovating technology at scale.
- Unending curiosity and a tenacious desire to get to the bottom of technical problems.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Expert knowledge of coding and optimizing Java backends.
- Experience with Spring Framework (2+ years).
- Experience with Hibernate or similar ORM technologies (2+ years).
- Experience with integrating travel inventory systems.
- Health: Medical, dental and vision
- Food: Catered meals and drinks
- Stock: Be invested in our future
- Savings: Take advantage of our 401K
- Travel: $2000 personal travel stipend to use on the app every year
- Commuter benefits: Pre-tax benefit plus a $1000 yearly transportation stipend
- People: Friendly, nice and smart coworkers
- Work/life balance: Take time off when you need it with an open vacation policy. Monthly recharge days ensure you’re at your best.
- Location: Work from Palo Alto