TripActions is the fastest-growing corporate travel platform disrupting a $1.3T industry and shaping the future of business travel.
TripActions is a story of inspiration born of frustration. Road warriors and co-founders Ariel Cohen and Ilan Twig believed that companies deserved a travel solution that takes the pain out of work trips –– so that their travelers can focus on being productive and meeting in-person, not wasting valuable time booking travel. So in 2015, they created TripActions. TripActions’ platform offers a vast selection of inventory that travelers can choose from, a personalized, intuitive user interface driven by machine learning, and 24/7 proactive real human, customer support. Companies enjoy complete travel program visibility, over 30% cost savings on average and seamless integrations with their HR and expense systems.
Globally, TripActions has grown to over 400 employees across 7 offices in 4 countries. We support over 1,000 customers, with innovative brands like Lyft, Dropbox, Sara Lee Frozen Bakery, SurveyMonkey, Robinhood and the ACLU relying on TripActions for their business travel needs. As one of Silicon Valley’s newest “unicorns”, TripActions has a valuation north of $1B and a total of $232M in funding. We’ve recently received $154M in our Series C funding round –– led by new investor Andreessen Horowitz, with participation from repeat investors Lightspeed Venture Partners, Zeev Ventures and SGVC.
TripActions was recently ranked #3 in the U.S. for Happiest Employees by Comparably, reflecting our focus on company culture and our incredible team. We’re on a mission to power the in-person connections that move people, ideas and businesses forward.
We’re redefining what it means to travel for work. Come help us build the future of business travel.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Take full responsibility for our data storage facilities - primarily AWS MySQL, but knowledge of and experience with Kafka / PostgreSQL / Impala / Presto / Hive / Hadoop / Spark will not be wasted.
Be our light-in-the-dark when it comes to RDBMS performance and scalability. Be a Software Engineer’s worst enemy and best friend when it comes to accessing the relational database from the code.
This position is based out of headquarters in Palo Alto, CA.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- You enjoy technology
- You can look at a SQL statement and tell what is wrong with it
- You thrive in startup environment
- You don’t mind admitting that there are people knowing more than you in your trade since you can surpass those people by learning more
- You understand that RDBMS will sooner or later fails unless you do something - we will discuss this
- You can provide operational stability of our databases
- Maintain development and production database environments
- Must monitor and maintain database performance
- Must Monitor and maintain database security
- Master backup and recovery when DRP calls
- Collaborate with Architects to support business services that Tripactions provides to the customers
- Be on top of latest developments in the areas of databases - both relational and NoSQL, provide insights and recommendations
- You don’t hesitate to tweak Kafka to its best
- You understand why and when Couchbase fails
- Vacuum is applicable not only at home
- You outperform our engineers in writing script code in the language of your choice
- Health: Medical, dental and vision
- Food: Catered meals and drinks
- Stock: Be invested in our future
- Savings: Take advantage of our 401K
- Travel: $2000 personal travel stipend to use on the app every year
- Commuter benefits: Pre-tax benefit plus a $1000 yearly transportation stipend
- People: Friendly, nice and smart coworkers
- Work/life balance: Take time off when you need it with an open vacation policy. Monthly recharge days ensure you’re at your best.
- Location: Work from Palo Alto