TripActions is the fastest-growing corporate travel platform disrupting a $1.3T industry and shaping the future of business travel.
TripActions is a story of inspiration born of frustration. Road warriors and co-founders Ariel Cohen and Ilan Twig believed that companies deserved a travel solution that takes the pain out of work trips –– so that their travelers can focus on being productive and meeting in-person, not wasting valuable time booking travel. So in 2015, they created TripActions. TripActions’ platform offers a vast selection of inventory that travelers can choose from, a personalized, intuitive user interface driven by machine learning, and 24/7 proactive real human, customer support. Companies enjoy complete travel program visibility, over 30% cost savings on average and seamless integrations with their HR and expense systems.
Globally, TripActions has grown to over 400 employees across 7 offices in 4 countries. We support over 1,000 customers, with innovative brands like Lyft, Dropbox, Sara Lee Frozen Bakery, SurveyMonkey, Robinhood and the ACLU relying on TripActions for their business travel needs. As one of Silicon Valley’s newest “unicorns”, TripActions has a valuation north of $1B and a total of $232M in funding. We’ve recently received $154M in our Series C funding round –– led by new investor Andreessen Horowitz, with participation from repeat investors Lightspeed Venture Partners, Zeev Ventures and SGVC.
TripActions was recently ranked #3 in the U.S. for Happiest Employees by Comparably, reflecting our focus on company culture and our incredible team. We’re on a mission to power the in-person connections that move people, ideas and businesses forward.
We’re redefining what it means to travel for work. Come help us build the future of business travel.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for an Android Developer who possesses a passion for pushing mobile technologies to the limits. This Android app developer will work with our team of talented engineers to design and build the next generation of our mobile applications. Android programming works closely with other app development and technical teams.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- A successful candidate will have 3+ years of experience building high-quality Android apps.
- A strong understanding of the full life cycle of app development using Google's Developer Portal
- Published apps in the market
- Experience designing, developing, debugging and deploying software for server-side development using Java/ Kotlin as the primary language
- Familiarity with the use of additional sensors
- You understand the nuances of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to effectively write code for a multitude of Android devices
- Extensive knowledge of Android design principles and third-party libraries
- A solid foundation of modern Java data structures, algorithms, and software design and can consistently deliver testable, scalable, highly-readable code using OO best practices.
- Prior experience building RESTful API’s focusing on integration with back-end services
- Experience with cloud messaging API’s, offline storage, background processing, threading, and performance tuning, caching and performance optimization.
- Hands on experience with continuous integration
- Passionate about Android and are always up to date with the latest industry trends concerning OS, devices, applications, web technologies and new user interactions as they are released.
- Kotlin, RxAndroid & Dagger2 experience.
- iOS development experience also
- Health: Medical, dental and vision
- Food: Catered meals and drinks
- Stock: Be invested in our future
- Savings: Take advantage of our 401K
- Travel: $2000 personal travel stipend to use on the app every year
- Commuter benefits: Pre-tax benefit plus a $1000 yearly transportation stipend
- People: Friendly, nice and smart coworkers
- Work/life balance: Take time off when you need it with an open vacation policy. Monthly recharge days ensure you’re at your best.
- Location: Work from Palo Alto, the heart of Silicon Valley