TripActions is the fastest-growing corporate travel platform disrupting a $1.5T industry and shaping the future of business travel.
TripActions is a story of inspiration born of frustration. Road warriors and co-founders Ariel Cohen and Ilan Twig believed that companies deserved a travel solution that takes the pain out of work trips –– so that their travelers can focus on being productive and meeting in-person, not wasting valuable time booking travel. So in 2015, they created TripActions. Since then, we’ve been a mission to power the face-to-face, in-person connections that move people, ideas and businesses forward.
TripActions’ platform offers a vast selection of inventory that travelers can choose from, a personalized, intuitive user interface driven by machine learning, and 24/7 proactive real human, customer support. Companies enjoy complete travel program visibility, over 30% cost savings on average and seamless integrations with their HR and expense systems.
Globally, TripActions has grown to over 600 employees across 7 offices in 4 countries. We support over 1,500 customers, with innovative brands like Lyft, Dropbox, Sara Lee Frozen Bakery, Allbirds, Robinhood and the ACLU relying on TripActions for their business travel needs. As one of Silicon Valley’s newest “unicorns”, TripActions has a valuation north of $1B and a total of $232M in funding. We’ve recently received $154M in our Series C funding round –– led by new investor Andreessen Horowitz, with participation from repeat investors Lightspeed Venture Partners, Zeev Ventures and SGVC.
TripActions was recently recognized as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies for 2019, #12 in LinkedIn’s Top Startups 2018 and #3 in the U.S. for Happiest Employees by Comparably.
We’re redefining what it means to travel for work. Come help us build the future of business travel.
ABOUT THE ROLE
With our lightning-fast growth and mission to build the best transformative sales team on the planet, you will work closely with executive leadership in the Field, Marketing, Data, and Operations organization to build the right foundation for scale. The Strategy & Analytics Lead is is responsible for providing business critical insights using analytics, ensuring cross functional alignment of field goals and execution, and driving team drive strategic initiatives forward. You will be vital to providing accurate and actionable insights to business leaders to steer the strategic direction of our business. You will own the source of truth regarding the health of TripActions’ business across all field functions and shine a spotlight on areas where we can improve to meet and exceed our goals, diagnosing gaps in our analytical visibility. You will drive sales forecasting and operational planning for the Field organization, as well as lead analytical efforts around segmentation/tiering, growth/expansion, pricing/packaging, business model pilots, cohort tests, and other ad hoc analyses.
- Review and understand the existing set of analytical output and design roadmap for field analytics.
- Create end to end analytics and dashboarding to continually monitor the health of the business from marketing through renewal, including core metrics cockpit to monitor individual and team performance, continued enablement, and certification.
- Identify gaps in processes/systems and propose scalable solutions
- Assess and flag current and future business risks, brainstorm potential solutions, and track progress towards execution
- Educate and train new and existing stakeholders on how they can use data to make better decisions
- Lead field forecasting and analyze key trends in our business to help improve our monthly and quarterly forecast accuracy
- Deliver high-priority initiatives including (but not limited to) planning, territory optimization, sales incentive design, process optimization, forecast modeling
- Perform ad-hoc analyses to predict, measure and interpret business trends and inform key strategic decisions
- Communicate findings on a regular basis to all levels of management, including senior executives
- 4-10 years of experience in business analytics, business operations and strategy, management consulting, equity research, and/or investment banking
- Intellectual curiosity to regularly challenge the status quo
- A “do whatever it takes” attitude to affect change within the organization
- An ability to balance being detail-oriented and seeing the big picture
- An ability to work well with a variety of stakeholders towards a common goal
- Proven facility in generating operational dashboards that measure KPIs; experience with Tableau, SFDC, Marketo, Grafana, Salesforce, and SQL is a material plus
- Demonstrate you can identify, analyze, and resolve issues independently
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Experience with software/SaaS companies and go-to-market strategies is a plus
- Familiarity with data structures that ease the generation of reliable data is a plus
- Health: Medical, dental and vision
- Food: Catered meals and drinks
- Stock: Be invested in our future
- Savings: Take advantage of our 401K
- Travel: $2000 personal travel stipend to use on the app every year
- Commuter benefits: Pre-tax benefit plus a $1000 yearly transportation stipend
- People: Friendly, nice and smart coworkers
- Work/life balance: Take time off when you need it with an open vacation policy. Monthly recharge days ensure you’re at your best
- Location: Work from Palo Alto, the heart of Silicon Valley. Can work twice a week in our WeWork space in San Francisco