TripActions is the fastest-growing corporate travel platform disrupting a $1.5T industry and shaping the future of business travel.
TripActions is a story of inspiration born of frustration. Road warriors and co-founders Ariel Cohen and Ilan Twig believed that companies deserved a travel solution that takes the pain out of work trips –– so that their travelers can focus on being productive and meeting in-person, not wasting valuable time booking travel. So in 2015, they created TripActions. Since then, we’ve been a mission to power the face-to-face, in-person connections that move people, ideas and businesses forward.
TripActions’ platform offers a vast selection of inventory that travelers can choose from, a personalized, intuitive user interface driven by machine learning, and 24/7 proactive real human, customer support. Companies enjoy complete travel program visibility, over 30% cost savings on average and seamless integrations with their HR and expense systems.
Globally, TripActions has grown to over 600 employees across 7 offices in 4 countries. We support over 1,500 customers, with innovative brands like Lyft, Dropbox, Sara Lee Frozen Bakery, Allbirds, Robinhood and the ACLU relying on TripActions for their business travel needs. As one of Silicon Valley’s newest “unicorns”, TripActions has a valuation north of $1B and a total of $232M in funding. We’ve recently received $154M in our Series C funding round –– led by new investor Andreessen Horowitz, with participation from repeat investors Lightspeed Venture Partners, Zeev Ventures and SGVC.
TripActions was recently recognized as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies for 2019, #12 in LinkedIn’s Top Startups 2018 and #3 in the U.S. for Happiest Employees by Comparably.
We’re redefining what it means to travel for work. Come help us build the future of business travel.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Strategic Finance team at TripActions is focused on three primary objectives:
- Measuring and reporting on financial performance and organizational health. The team identifies key drivers and metrics that are fundamental to driving the financial health of the business. Additionally, the team focuses on leveraging technology to automate tracking and reporting.
- Shaping company priorities around value-creating activities. The Strategic Finance team builds a deep understanding of strategic principles and how the company creates value for shareholders, customers, and partners. As a fast-moving business that’s disrupting a stale industry, it’s not always obvious where to focus first. It’s essential for this team to continually drive insights into the business and to work cross-functionally across the organization to identify actions to be taken to focus and to improve value-creation.
- Supporting complex decisions and coaching others on how to use and interpret financial data. The Strategic Finance team should serve as knowledge integrators, connecting people and data across all parts of the organization to improve decision making. However, just as important as being the integrator is being the enabler and coach, making sure the right questions are being asked and appropriate analytical tools are being used - especially when we’re not in the room.
Responsibilities. As the Director of Strategic Finance you will be responsible for:
- Building the Strategic Finance team from scratch - we need a team of high performing finance problem solvers who can partner with senior leaders in the organization to identify and tackle the most critical questions that we’re facing today
- Developing an agile operating model to ensure that the team not only develops the deep context and business expertise that is needed to drive insights, but is also flexible enough to identify and pivot to new areas of focus
- Driving the traditional Financial Planning & Analysis function, including the semi-annual budget and operating plan as well as the corporate monthly forecast
- Rolling up your sleeves and being a contributor and driver of our near and long term projects as you build out your team
- Reporting internal metrics to the executive team as well as externally to the board and investors
- Driving the selection and implementation of scalable tools for reporting financial data and delivering consolidated corporate forecasting and planning
Qualifications. As the Director of Strategic Finance you should:
- Be entrepreneurial and have an enthusiastic "get stuff done" mentality
- Be able to expertly balance the need to deliver accurate data and insights that drive focused action with the speed and fast-paced nature of TripActions
- Have a Bachelor’s degree and preferably an advanced degree (of any kind)
- Have 7+ years of work experience, with at least 3 of those focused on delivering strategic finance insights and results
- Have experience working at a fast-growing company, preferably B2B
- Be able to build trust with stakeholders and leaders across the organization and drive results through soft skills, not through mandates
- Have 2+ years of experience managing a team with a track record of being able to recruit and coach top finance talent
- Have extensive competency in building and auditing sophisticated financial models and large data sets
- Have experience using and implementing corporate performance management tools
- Thrive in ambiguous, fast-moving, and high-intensity environments
- Health: Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Food: Catered meals and well-stocked kitchens
- Stock: Be invested in our future
- Savings: Take advantage of our 401K matching program
- Travel: $2000 personal travel reimbursement to use on the app every year
- Commuter benefits: Pre-tax benefit plus a $1000 yearly transportation stipend
- People: Friendly, nice and smart coworkers
- Work/life balance: Take time off when you need it with an open vacation policy. Monthly recharge days ensure you’re at your best.
- Location: Work from Palo Alto, the heart of Silicon Valley.