TripActions is the fastest-growing corporate travel platform disrupting a $1.3T industry and shaping the future of business travel.
TripActions is a story of inspiration born of frustration. Road warriors and co-founders Ariel Cohen and Ilan Twig believed that companies deserved a travel solution that takes the pain out of work trips –– so that their travelers can focus on being productive and meeting in-person, not wasting valuable time booking travel. So in 2015, they created TripActions. TripActions’ platform offers a vast selection of inventory that travelers can choose from, a personalized, intuitive user interface driven by machine learning, and 24/7 proactive real human, customer support. Companies enjoy complete travel program visibility, over 30% cost savings on average and seamless integrations with their HR and expense systems.
Globally, TripActions has grown to over 400 employees across 7 offices in 4 countries. We support over 1,000 customers, with innovative brands like Lyft, Dropbox, Sara Lee Frozen Bakery, SurveyMonkey, Robinhood and the ACLU relying on TripActions for their business travel needs. As one of Silicon Valley’s newest “unicorns”, TripActions has a valuation north of $1B and a total of $232M in funding. We’ve recently received $154M in our Series C funding round –– led by new investor Andreessen Horowitz, with participation from repeat investors Lightspeed Venture Partners, Zeev Ventures and SGVC.
TripActions was recently ranked #3 in the U.S. for Happiest Employees by Comparably, reflecting our focus on company culture and our incredible team. We’re on a mission to power the in-person connections that move people, ideas and businesses forward.
We’re redefining what it means to travel for work. Come help us build the future of business travel.
ABOUT THE ROLE
TripActions is growing fast, especially internationally! We’re looking for a strategic finance professional to join our Finance team as the International Controller and EMEA Head of Finance. This will be our first full time Finance hire outside of the U.S. and will be responsible for building our accounting and finance capabilities across our international subsidiaries. In this role, you will oversee tax, accounting, reporting, treasury, payroll and finance. This role will report into the Global Controller.
Responsibilities. As the International Controller and EMEA Head of Finance you will be responsible for:
- Building the international Accounting and Finance teams from scratch - we need a team of high performing finance professionals who can manage our finance operations and partner with folks cross-functionally to drive the business forward
- Managing our external accounting firm and transitioning relevant tasks in-house
- Managing the monthly close process, ensuring timely and accurate delivery of financials
- Leveraging technology and automation to build a modern, scalable, and agile international back-office accounting and finance operations machine
- Developing and maintaining a best-in-class internal control environment
- Managing treasury, international banking, and cash flow forecasting for international subs
- Producing statutory accounts and handling the audit cycle, as required by and in accordance with local regulations
- Driving the semi-annual budgeting process for all international subsidiaries
- Developing and managing the procure-to-pay process including approvals, process flows, and efficient payment solutions
- Developing a perspective and providing guidance on international pricing, taking into consideration local taxes and revenue recognition requirements
- Coordinating all non-U.S. payroll and expense reimbursements, ensuring timely and accurate processing on all fronts
Qualifications. As the International Controller and EMEA Head of Finance you should:
- Have a BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics; Advanced degree preferred
- Bring significant experience at the Financial Controller level – at least 10+ years of total finance experience; 4+ years of experience in senior finance roles
- Have a strong knowledge of the EU regulations and understanding of U.S. GAAP and have experience working in an international environment
- Thrive in a fast-paced startup environment, having experienced 5-10x growth year over year and excelling under those conditions
- Be a strategic thinker with excellent business judgment
- Be entrepreneurial, highly motivated, and willing to take on multiple projects at once
- Highly proficient in GSuite and Microsoft applications; Intacct and Namely preferred