TripActions is the fastest-growing corporate travel platform disrupting a $1.3T industry and shaping the future of business travel.
TripActions is a story of inspiration born of frustration. Road warriors and co-founders Ariel Cohen and Ilan Twig believed that companies deserved a travel solution that takes the pain out of work trips –– so that their travelers can focus on being productive and meeting in-person, not wasting valuable time booking travel. So in 2015, they created TripActions. TripActions’ platform offers a vast selection of inventory that travelers can choose from, a personalized, intuitive user interface driven by machine learning, and 24/7 proactive real human, customer support. Companies enjoy complete travel program visibility, over 30% cost savings on average and seamless integrations with their HR and expense systems.
Globally, TripActions has grown to over 400 employees across 7 offices in 4 countries. We support over 1,000 customers, with innovative brands like Lyft, Dropbox, Sara Lee Frozen Bakery, SurveyMonkey, Robinhood and the ACLU relying on TripActions for their business travel needs. As one of Silicon Valley’s newest “unicorns”, TripActions has a valuation north of $1B and a total of $232M in funding. We’ve recently received $154M in our Series C funding round –– led by new investor Andreessen Horowitz, with participation from repeat investors Lightspeed Venture Partners, Zeev Ventures and SGVC.
TripActions was recently ranked #3 in the U.S. for Happiest Employees by Comparably, reflecting our focus on company culture and our incredible team. We’re on a mission to power the in-person connections that move people, ideas and businesses forward.
We’re redefining what it means to travel for work. Come help us build the future of business travel.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Financial Systems Application Engineer will be responsible for standing up TripActions’ core financial data infrastructure. The Accounting and Finance Team is responsible not only for measuring and reporting on the financial health of the company, but also for shaping priorities around value-generating activities. To be successful, the team requires context-rich data and analytics across multiple data sources, both internal and external. The Financial Systems Application Engineer will play a vital role in ensuring that the data infrastructure upon which the Finance team relies enables the broader team’s mission. This role will report to the Director of Strategic Finance.
Responsibilities. As the Financial Systems Application Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Driving the adoption of best-in-class finance tools that leverage technology and automation to push the finance team towards excellence
- Architecting flexible systems and reports to be able to meet ever-changing requests and requirements that can talk to multiple data sources and corporate ERP systems
- Participating and helping drive the evaluation and selection of various finance tools including CPM, Procurement, Payroll, Sales Compensation, A/P & Payment solutions
- Project managing the system integrations of all finance tools, including defining, building, testing, implementing, and delivering
- Assisting integrations of secondary tools owned by other teams which hook into the finance infrastructure
- Being intimately familiar with our internal data warehouse and how to extract and integrate this data into our finance tools
- Administering and maintaining the existing Finance infrastructure and being the primary liaison between Finance, R&D, and IT
- Developing and helping to improve process workflows aligned with system design
- Ensuring data quality and integrity through continual monitoring and validation
- Working with the Accounting and Finance Teams to develop reports and dashboards
Qualifications. As the Financial Systems Application Engineer you should:
- Have a Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Finance/Accounting, or a related discipline
- Have 5+ years of experience implementing and customizing vendor software and/or building custom financial applications through full system implementation life-cycles
- Have a strong understanding of financial accounting processes and concepts
- Understand SQL authoring, RDBMS database interaction, data warehousing concepts, or third-party ETL tools
- Have scripting language experience (Python/JAVA/PERL/Ruby/GO)
- Be entrepreneurial, highly motivated, and willing to take on multiple projects at once
- Thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
- Health: Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Food: Catered meals and well-stocked kitchens
- Stock: Be invested in our future
- Savings: Take advantage of our 401K matching program
- Travel: $2000 personal travel reimbursement to use on the app every year
- Commuter benefits: Pre-tax benefit plus a $1000 yearly transportation stipend
- People: Friendly, nice and smart coworkers
- Work/life balance: Take time off when you need it with an open vacation policy. Monthly recharge days ensure you’re at your best.
- Location: Work from Palo Alto, the heart of Silicon Valley.