TripActions is the fastest-growing corporate travel platform disrupting a $1.3T industry and shaping the future of business travel.
TripActions is a story of inspiration born of frustration. Road warriors and co-founders Ariel Cohen and Ilan Twig believed that companies deserved a travel solution that takes the pain out of work trips –– so that their travelers can focus on being productive and meeting in-person, not wasting valuable time booking travel. So in 2015, they created TripActions. TripActions’ platform offers a vast selection of inventory that travelers can choose from, a personalized, intuitive user interface driven by machine learning, and 24/7 proactive real human, customer support. Companies enjoy complete travel program visibility, over 30% cost savings on average and seamless integrations with their HR and expense systems.
Globally, TripActions has grown to over 400 employees across 7 offices in 4 countries. We support over 1,000 customers, with innovative brands like Lyft, Dropbox, Sara Lee Frozen Bakery, SurveyMonkey, Robinhood and the ACLU relying on TripActions for their business travel needs. As one of Silicon Valley’s newest “unicorns”, TripActions has a valuation north of $1B and a total of $232M in funding. We’ve recently received $154M in our Series C funding round –– led by new investor Andreessen Horowitz, with participation from repeat investors Lightspeed Venture Partners, Zeev Ventures and SGVC.
TripActions was recently ranked #3 in the U.S. for Happiest Employees by Comparably, reflecting our focus on company culture and our incredible team. We’re on a mission to power the in-person connections that move people, ideas and businesses forward.
We’re redefining what it means to travel for work. Come help us build the future of business travel.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As TripActions continues to see significant adoption in the market and grow 20%+ MoM, we are looking for a Sales Manager, Commercial to help lead, train, coach, scale, and motivate a team of high performing, quota crushing Commercial Account Executives. This role will report directly to the VP of Inside Sales. TripActions is looking for a natural leader who loves to sell, is energized by nurturing and developing people, can scale an effective process, and is exceptional at inspiring customers and prospects through a fast-cycle, complex sales process.
You will be able to work out of the San Francisco office, and will manage a team of 8-10 Account executives as a front line manager and ultimately drive net new revenue growth.
- Hire and continue to build out a team of exceptional Account Executives
- Connect Account Executives to key resources and clear roadblocks, enabling them to achieve and/or exceed their revenue goals
- Oversee day-to-day activity of your AE team members and monitor performance goals while providing ongoing feedback, coaching, and guidance through weekly 1:1s and or ad hoc discussions
- Develop and report sales revenue forecasts based on visibility into direct and partner pipeline on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Track CAE team activity and performance metrics and report data to leadership on a regular basis
- Develop, Train and Inspire team members on a daily basis and recognize and reward accomplishments and contribution including competitions and spiffs
- Develop and refine best practices and ensure adherence to Salesforce usage as well as accurate forecasting practices
- Support team growth by developing and/or maintaining content for onboarding, training, scripts, and playbooks
- 3+ years experience as a sales leader/manager
- Demonstrable success in leading/managing inside or field sales teams with a SaaS product and solution sales approach
- 3+ years as an individual, closing role specific, sales person within the technology and/or travel industries
- Track record in building organizations and hiring and training top talent, particularly in a hyper-growth start-up environment
- Strong leadership experience, with a focus on training, coaching and motivation
- Expert knowledge of the full sales cycle, from prospecting, cold calling through to negotiation and closing
- Ability to function in “Player/Coach” role that includes customer facing engagement
- Ability to understand, articulate, and lead complex sales processes
- Technical aptitude, and ability to learn new concepts quickly
- Analytical thinker with demonstrated command of metrics-driven sales models
- Strong career trajectory with a history of top performance in successive roles
- Health: Medical, dental and vision
- Food: Catered meals and drinks
- Stock: Be invested in our future
- Savings: Take advantage of our 401K
- Travel: $2000 personal travel stipend to use on the app every year
- Commuter benefits: Pre-tax benefit plus a $1000 yearly transportation stipend
- People: Friendly, nice and smart coworkers
- Work/life balance: Take time off when you need it with an open vacation policy. Monthly recharge days ensure you’re at your best
- Location: Work from our San Francisco office