TripActions is the fastest-growing corporate travel platform disrupting a $1.3T industry and shaping the future of business travel.
TripActions is a story of inspiration born of frustration. Road warriors and co-founders Ariel Cohen and Ilan Twig believed that companies deserved a travel solution that takes the pain out of work trips –– so that their travelers can focus on being productive and meeting in-person, not wasting valuable time booking travel. So in 2015, they created TripActions. TripActions’ platform offers a vast selection of inventory that travelers can choose from, a personalized, intuitive user interface driven by machine learning, and 24/7 proactive real human, customer support. Companies enjoy complete travel program visibility, over 30% cost savings on average and seamless integrations with their HR and expense systems.
Globally, TripActions has grown to over 400 employees across 7 offices in 4 countries. We support over 1,000 customers, with innovative brands like Lyft, Dropbox, Sara Lee Frozen Bakery, SurveyMonkey, Robinhood and the ACLU relying on TripActions for their business travel needs. As one of Silicon Valley’s newest “unicorns”, TripActions has a valuation north of $1B and a total of $232M in funding. We’ve recently received $154M in our Series C funding round –– led by new investor Andreessen Horowitz, with participation from repeat investors Lightspeed Venture Partners, Zeev Ventures and SGVC.
TripActions was recently ranked #3 in the U.S. for Happiest Employees by Comparably, reflecting our focus on company culture and our incredible team. We’re on a mission to power the in-person connections that move people, ideas and businesses forward.
We’re redefining what it means to travel for work. Come help us build the future of business travel.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The TripActions Australia team is looking for their first Account Executive to join the team with knowledge of technology and solid business-to-business sales. This role will set the scene for the first sales to be made in the country across SMB and mid-market, so requires an entrepreneurial mindset as well as the desire to roll their sleeves up and be the jack of all trades. Everything from cold outreach to closing the right deals to account setup to documenting best practice to informing marketing efforts is not the limitation of your remit. This is a role that requires hustle, grit, and hard work, with the rewards not just with competitive compensation but also being the very first sales team member in the region.. Up and coming talent is encouraged to apply, but you must be a proven performer in your previous roles.
- Grow TripActions growing customer list through outreach emails, calls and qualification
- Conduct high level conversations with executives in prospect accounts
- Work closely with Sales and Marketing on projects that help drive revenue growth
- Manage the full sales-cycle, including contract generation and other deliverables for closing, to drive a high volume of sales
- Manage all sales activity and monthly forecasting of revenue in Salesforce
- Present TripActions’ value proposition and solutions using appropriate value-based sales approaches and techniques, including team and/or consultative presentations and efforts
- Help develop and execute in-territory or vertically-focused field marketing campaigns to drive awareness and lead generation
- Hit monthly sales goals
- Interface with all levels of the target organizations, including HR/Recruiting, Legal, Finance, and Travel Managers
- Present to C-level executives the value of our solution
- Collaborate and lead successful execution of sales activities with internal cross-functional teams, with senior management and corporate counsel, through contract negotiation and signed contracts
- 2-4+ years prior closing sales experience (within a Software/High Tech company highly preferred)
- Fearless attitude – willing to take intelligent risks
- Ability to work in a time-sensitive and high volume environment
- Self-starter with a penchant for experimentation. You’re always looking for ways to do things better with limited guidance. When you see an opportunity, you jump on it.
- A positive attitude: You’re a team player and you’re resilient in the face of challenges
- Strong organizational skills with ability to effectively prioritize
- Articulate with strong business acumen
- Consistent over-achievement in past experiences
- Experience using Salesforce.com or other CRM
- Experience at a startup or in a scrappy, fast-moving culture is a must
- Excellent communication skills. You’re a clear, concise and compelling storyteller across written, verbal and visual
- Bachelor’s degree
- An undeniable passion for travel / desire to change the experience felt from legacy corporate travel agencies
- Health: Look after yourself with a subsidy on your health expenses
- Food: Catered meals, snacks and drinks
- Equity: Be invested in our future
- Travel: Generous personal travel stipend to use on the app every year
- People: Achieve alongside intelligent, optimistic, and humble yet driven people
- Location: Sydney CBD