TripActions is the fastest-growing corporate travel platform disrupting a $1.5T industry and shaping the future of business travel.
TripActions is a story of inspiration born of frustration. Road warriors and co-founders Ariel Cohen and Ilan Twig believed that companies deserved a travel solution that takes the pain out of work trips –– so that their travelers can focus on being productive and meeting in-person, not wasting valuable time booking travel. So in 2015, they created TripActions. Since then, we’ve been a mission to power the face-to-face, in-person connections that move people, ideas and businesses forward.
TripActions’ platform offers a vast selection of inventory that travelers can choose from, a personalized, intuitive user interface driven by machine learning, and 24/7 proactive real human, customer support. Companies enjoy complete travel program visibility, over 30% cost savings on average and seamless integrations with their HR and expense systems.
Globally, TripActions has grown to over 600 employees across 7 offices in 4 countries. We support over 1,500 customers, with innovative brands like Lyft, Dropbox, Sara Lee Frozen Bakery, Allbirds, Robinhood and the ACLU relying on TripActions for their business travel needs. As one of Silicon Valley’s newest “unicorns”, TripActions has a valuation north of $1B and a total of $232M in funding. We’ve recently received $154M in our Series C funding round –– led by new investor Andreessen Horowitz, with participation from repeat investors Lightspeed Venture Partners, Zeev Ventures and SGVC.
TripActions was recently recognized as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies for 2019, #12 in LinkedIn’s Top Startups 2018 and #3 in the U.S. for Happiest Employees by Comparably.
We’re redefining what it means to travel for work. Come help us build the future of business travel.
ABOUT THE ROLE
TripActions is seeking a Customer Support Lead to join our growing team. This role provides leadership and operational oversight of support teams responding to customers 24x7.
- Supervise all aspects of TripActions support during your shift; ensure schedules are being followed, breaks/lunches are being taken, and that attendance is being tracked
- Monitor the incoming support channels, agent productivity and allocate resources according to volume and service level targets
- Ensure all SLA’s are met - when SLAs dip, be able to react and allocate resources accordingly.
- Be the first point of contact in our escalation process (if agent needs further assistance, you will be the one to troubleshoot and problem solve). Escalate further if needed.
- Make sure all support platforms are operating properly. Follow procedure in case any system is down.
- Work with vendors or engineering in case of outages
- Ensure standard operating procedures are followed consistently by the agents during the shift
- Be responsible for the handoff to the next shift by communicating needs and follow ups
- Communicate daily with our team to ensure all updates (product/process) are understood - conduct huddles and relay information to the team
- Assist clients and support team members as needed; provide guidance and direction. In cases where additional training may be useful, send those requests to our training team to coordinate.
- Effectively use knowledge of the airline industry, GDS and third party technologies. Work closely with 3rd party vendors that take part in our support ecosystem.
- Promptly respond to customers with accurate travel and tech related information while assisting them with various support requests such as (but not limited to) travel changes, software issues, etc.
- Handle escalated situations with the goal of making the customer happy and ensuring they feel positive about their experience with TripActions
- Develop a deep understanding of the TripActions app/web solutions and know how to internally navigate these platforms as part of the support process.
- Collect data and feedback from customers and communicate to the relevant teams
- Scheduling: flexibility to work any shift (day, evening, night) and weekends as needed; from time to time TripActions may require a shift bid to align lead schedules to agent schedules to ensure our operation is covered
- Participate in on-call rotation for after-hours escalations
- 1-3 years experience in a tech support role or customer-facing role
- 1+ years previous supervisory experience
- Ability to lead people while being calm and assertive; always lead by example
- Effective oral and written communication skills (english fluency required)
- Proficient in providing travel related support solutions
- Knowledgeable in geography, including expedient, cost effective and preferred travel routes
- Positive attitude/team Player
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced environment (chat/phone/email)
- Solid CRM skills (answer chat/phones, ZENDESK maintain logs/records, and research information)
- Good time management skills and proficient with numbers
- Solid working knowledge of travel industry procedures