TripActions is the fastest-growing corporate travel platform disrupting a $1.5T industry and shaping the future of business travel.
TripActions is a story of inspiration born of frustration. Road warriors and co-founders Ariel Cohen and Ilan Twig believed that companies deserved a travel solution that takes the pain out of work trips –– so that their travelers can focus on being productive and meeting in-person, not wasting valuable time booking travel. So in 2015, they created TripActions. Since then, we’ve been a mission to power the face-to-face, in-person connections that move people, ideas and businesses forward.
TripActions’ platform offers a vast selection of inventory that travelers can choose from, a personalized, intuitive user interface driven by machine learning, and 24/7 proactive real human, customer support. Companies enjoy complete travel program visibility, over 30% cost savings on average and seamless integrations with their HR and expense systems.
Globally, TripActions has grown to over 600 employees across 7 offices in 4 countries. We support over 1,500 customers, with innovative brands like Lyft, Dropbox, Sara Lee Frozen Bakery, Allbirds, Robinhood and the ACLU relying on TripActions for their business travel needs. As one of Silicon Valley’s newest “unicorns”, TripActions has a valuation north of $1B and a total of $232M in funding. We’ve recently received $154M in our Series C funding round –– led by new investor Andreessen Horowitz, with participation from repeat investors Lightspeed Venture Partners, Zeev Ventures and SGVC.
TripActions was recently recognized as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies for 2019, #12 in LinkedIn’s Top Startups 2018 and #3 in the U.S. for Happiest Employees by Comparably.
We’re redefining what it means to travel for work. Come help us build the future of business travel.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Based in our EMEA Headquarter located in Amsterdam, you’ll be at the center of building product impact in this fast-paced, exciting role. You will work closely with the Product and Design team and you will have a huge impact on our product, what it looks like and how it was built.
As a Backend Engineer, you will be part of a team developing the core business logic, APIs and backend infrastructure. You will collaborate with Frontend, Product, Design teams and business stakeholders to build innovative features that will greatly enhance the booking and travel user experience.
We’re looking for people with experience and a strong interest in delivering successful product. We need engineers who can operate at a company that grows as fast as ours, by being able to deal with multiple moving pieces while still holding up quality, long term thinking and delivering value to our customers.
- Designing and implementing APIs and core services
- Developing models and business logic
- Building out newly enabled product features
- Own features or functional areas. Ensure the quality of the features you built, follow-up on usage/issues post release.
- Quickly implement and iterate on new and innovative ideas
- Collaborate with product team, designers and other engineers
- Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent degree
- Excellent in Java (3+ years experience)
- Experience with Spring Framework (2+ years).
- Experience with Hibernate or similar ORM technologies (2+ years)
- Experience with domain object modelling
- Experience designing and building REST APIs for single page web or mobile consumer facing apps
- Experience building Java services for systems at scale
- Experience working with Java concurrency
- Experience with SQL and relational databases
- Worked collaboratively on a software development team
- Experience building backend for consumer facing products
- Experience working for startups strongly desired
- Knowledge of the travel industry
- Passionate about travel
- Experience with AI/Machine learning
- Experience with noSQL technologies
Location: The role is located in our EMEA HQ in Amsterdam, Netherlands.