TripActions is the fastest-growing corporate travel platform disrupting a $1.3T industry and shaping the future of business travel.
TripActions is a story of inspiration born of frustration. Road warriors and co-founders Ariel Cohen and Ilan Twig believed that companies deserved a travel solution that takes the pain out of work trips –– so that their travelers can focus on being productive and meeting in-person, not wasting valuable time booking travel. So in 2015, they created TripActions. TripActions’ platform offers a vast selection of inventory that travelers can choose from, a personalized, intuitive user interface driven by machine learning, and 24/7 proactive real human, customer support. Companies enjoy complete travel program visibility, over 30% cost savings on average and seamless integrations with their HR and expense systems.
Globally, TripActions has grown to over 400 employees across 7 offices in 4 countries. We support over 1,000 customers, with innovative brands like Lyft, Dropbox, Sara Lee Frozen Bakery, SurveyMonkey, Robinhood and the ACLU relying on TripActions for their business travel needs. As one of Silicon Valley’s newest “unicorns”, TripActions has a valuation north of $1B and a total of $232M in funding. We’ve recently received $154M in our Series C funding round –– led by new investor Andreessen Horowitz, with participation from repeat investors Lightspeed Venture Partners, Zeev Ventures and SGVC.
TripActions was recently ranked #3 in the U.S. for Happiest Employees by Comparably, reflecting our focus on company culture and our incredible team. We’re on a mission to power the in-person connections that move people, ideas and businesses forward.
We’re redefining what it means to travel for work. Come help us build the future of business travel.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer in Test who is passionate about testing our mobile and web apps from concept to delivery, with a focus on automation. You will work cross functionally across our R&D team to ensure that TripActions provides an exceptional corporate travel booking experience. You will have the opportunity to work with a wide variety of technologies from web and mobile front end to back end distributed web services. You will have ownership over the quality of major deliverables and will collaborate with multiple engineers and teams to drive success.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Design, develop and maintain functional, regression, integration and end-to-end tests
- Help define, improve and implement QA best practices
- Design and implement end-to-end test scenarios from multiple use-cases
- Integrate automation scripts execution into the continuous integration and delivery flow
- Work as part of an Agile scrum team, focusing on testing mobile and web functionality and expanding automation coverage
- Design and implement test strategies for new and existing features
- Create, prioritize, and organize test cases into logical suites for both automated and manual execution
- Utilize quality assurance techniques to find, isolate, troubleshoot and report bugs
- Develop efficient automation tests and support of automation test infrastructure
- Write test cases and execute them.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Bachelor's in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent
- 3+ years of software quality assurance engineering and test automation
- Experience developing test strategies, test plans, and test cases
- Experience with automation frameworks (Selenium at least)
- Experience driving quality through process, instrumentation, requirements and testing
- Experience writing automation scripts with at least one scripting/programming language
- Experience with Java programming
- Experience with Java unit test framework (e.g. testNG)
- Experience with continuous integration processes and tools (Jenkins, Maven)
- Experience with writing test cases, and executing them manually
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Experience in usability best practices; ability to influence and improve user experience
- Solid knowledge of test management, reporting and bug tracking tools (TestRail, Jira or similar)
- Knowledge of code repo/review tools (GIT, Bitbucket or similar)
- Ability to work autonomously with minimal direction
- Experience with Android, iOS or other mobile app development or testing
- Experience with writing automation scripts for native mobile application (Android/iOS)
- Experience with Appium
- Experience with Maven
- Health: Medical, dental and vision
- Food: Catered meals and drinks
- Stock: Be invested in our future
- Savings: Take advantage of our 401K
- Travel: $2000 personal travel stipend to use on the app every year
- Commuter benefits: Pre-tax benefit plus a $1000 yearly transportation stipend
- People: Friendly, nice and smart coworkers
- Work/life balance: Take time off when you need it with an open vacation policy. Monthly recharge days ensure you’re at your best.
- Location: Work from Palo Alto, the heart of Silicon Valley