As one of the fastest-growing companies in the Bay Area, TripActions is the leading business travel platform disrupting the $1.5 trillion business travel industry. With a vast selection of inventory and a personalized, intuitive user interface, we make booking travel fast and easy. And when changes or delays come up, travelers get 24/7 proactive support to ensure they’re never stranded without help. Companies enjoy complete travel program visibility and seamless integrations with their HR and expense systems. In less than three years, we have grown to over 450 employees in six offices and over 1,000 customers worldwide.
TripActions was recently ranked #3 in the U.S. for Happiest Employees by Comparably, reflecting our focus on company culture and our incredible team. We’re on a mission to power the in-person connections that move people, ideas and businesses forward. Come help us build the future of business travel.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The TripActions Legal team is looking for a bright, passionate, creative attorney with a fierce intellect and a collaborative spirit. This attorney will primarily support our commercial activities, partnering with sales, business development, and marketing colleagues to help drive TripActions’ global growth. This role is ideal for a commercial transactions lawyer with the desire and aptitude to flex into other subject areas, helping to drive value across the business.
Along with your resume, please submit a cover letter or written statement telling us why you are interested in working at TripActions at this time and in this role. Applications without a written statement will not be considered.
- Draft and negotiate commercial agreements (sales, business development, and procurement)
- Develop and maintain templates, forms, and playbooks to streamline legal-sales collaboration -- focusing on making the process as self-serve as practical for the field sales team
- Partner with Sales and Product to develop and improve go-to-market options across customer segments
- Provide legal advice and counsel across a variety of subject areas, including global privacy, intellectual property, corporate, employment, and other areas as needed
- J.D. degree, or international law degree + LLM
- Member of the California bar in good standing (RIHC status OK)
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a practicing attorney is required
- Must be able to take a B2B SaaS sales/licensing agreement from base form to closing, from day 1 in the role
- Experience/familiarity with privacy and security related agreements (especially under GDPR) is a huge plus
- Clear, crisp communication skills, exceptional judgment, and a practical, business-minded approach are essential for success in this role
- Health: Medical, dental and vision
- Food: Catered meals and drinks
- Stock: Be invested in our future
- Savings: Take advantage of our 401K matching
- Travel: $2000 personal travel stipend to use on the app every year
- Commuter benefits: Pre-tax benefit plus a $1000 yearly transportation stipend
- People: Friendly, nice and smart coworkers
- Work/life balance: Take time off when you need it with an open vacation policy. Monthly recharge days ensure you’re at your best
- Location: This position can be based primarily in Palo Alto (HQ) or San Francisco, with occasional US/international travel.