TripActions is the fastest-growing corporate travel platform disrupting a $1.3T industry and shaping the future of business travel.
TripActions is a story of inspiration born of frustration. Road warriors and co-founders Ariel Cohen and Ilan Twig believed that companies deserved a travel solution that takes the pain out of work trips –– so that their travelers can focus on being productive and meeting in-person, not wasting valuable time booking travel. So in 2015, they created TripActions. TripActions’ platform offers a vast selection of inventory that travelers can choose from, a personalized, intuitive user interface driven by machine learning, and 24/7 proactive real human, customer support. Companies enjoy complete travel program visibility, over 30% cost savings on average and seamless integrations with their HR and expense systems.
Globally, TripActions has grown to over 400 employees across 7 offices in 4 countries. We support over 1,000 customers, with innovative brands like Lyft, Dropbox, Sara Lee Frozen Bakery, SurveyMonkey, Robinhood and the ACLU relying on TripActions for their business travel needs. As one of Silicon Valley’s newest “unicorns”, TripActions has a valuation north of $1B and a total of $232M in funding. We’ve recently received $154M in our Series C funding round –– led by new investor Andreessen Horowitz, with participation from repeat investors Lightspeed Venture Partners, Zeev Ventures and SGVC.
TripActions was recently ranked #3 in the U.S. for Happiest Employees by Comparably, reflecting our focus on company culture and our incredible team. We’re on a mission to power the in-person connections that move people, ideas and businesses forward.
We’re redefining what it means to travel for work. Come help us build the future of business travel.
ABOUT THE ROLE
TripActions is growing, and the small but mighty Legal team needs a new member. We are looking for a bright, passionate, creative attorney with a fierce intellect and a collaborative spirit. This attorney will primarily support our commercial activities, partnering with sales, business development, and marketing colleagues to help drive TripActions’ global growth. This role is ideal for a commercial transactions lawyer with the desire and aptitude to flex into other subject areas, helping to drive value across the business.
Along with your resume, please submit a cover letter or written statement telling us why you are interested in working at TripActions at this time and in this role.
- Draft and negotiate commercial contracts (both sales and procurement)
- Develop and maintain templates, forms, and playbooks to streamline the legal-sales collaborative process
- Partner with Sales and Product to develop and improve go-to-market options across customer segments
- Provide legal advice and counsel across a variety of subject areas, including privacy, intellectual property, corporate, employment, and other areas as needed
- J.D. degree, or international law degree + LLM
- Member of the California bar in good standing
- Minimum 4 years of experience as a practicing attorney is required (though more is welcome)
- Must be able to take a B2B SaaS sales/licensing agreement from base form to closing, from day 1 in the role
- Experience/familiarity with privacy and security requirements, especially GDPR and PCI, is a huge plus
- Clear, crisp communication skills, exceptional judgment, and a practical, business-minded approach are essential for success in this role
- Health: Medical, dental and vision
- Food: Catered meals and drinks
- Stock: Be invested in our future
- Savings: Take advantage of our 401K matching
- Travel: $2000 personal travel stipend to use on the app every year
- Commuter benefits: Pre-tax benefit plus a $1000 yearly transportation stipend
- People: Friendly, nice and smart coworkers
- Work/life balance: Take time off when you need it with an open vacation policy. Monthly recharge days ensure you’re at your best
- Location: This position can be based primarily in Palo Alto (HQ) or San Francisco, with occasional US/international travel.