TripActions is the fastest-growing corporate travel platform disrupting a $1.3T industry and shaping the future of business travel.
TripActions is a story of inspiration born of frustration. Road warriors and co-founders Ariel Cohen and Ilan Twig believed that companies deserved a travel solution that takes the pain out of work trips –– so that their travelers can focus on being productive and meeting in-person, not wasting valuable time booking travel. So in 2015, they created TripActions. TripActions’ platform offers a vast selection of inventory that travelers can choose from, a personalized, intuitive user interface driven by machine learning, and 24/7 proactive real human, customer support. Companies enjoy complete travel program visibility, over 30% cost savings on average and seamless integrations with their HR and expense systems.
Globally, TripActions has grown to over 400 employees across 7 offices in 4 countries. We support over 1,000 customers, with innovative brands like Lyft, Dropbox, Sara Lee Frozen Bakery, SurveyMonkey, Robinhood and the ACLU relying on TripActions for their business travel needs. As one of Silicon Valley’s newest “unicorns”, TripActions has a valuation north of $1B and a total of $232M in funding. We’ve recently received $154M in our Series C funding round –– led by new investor Andreessen Horowitz, with participation from repeat investors Lightspeed Venture Partners, Zeev Ventures and SGVC.
TripActions was recently ranked #3 in the U.S. for Happiest Employees by Comparably, reflecting our focus on company culture and our incredible team. We’re on a mission to power the in-person connections that move people, ideas and businesses forward.
We’re redefining what it means to travel for work. Come help us build the future of business travel.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As our Software Lead in Test, you will build and develop our software test team. You will be a player-coach, managing people but also willing to roll up your sleeves when needed. At TripActions we are striving for rapid speed of iteration through rigorous testing strategy and automation.
We’re looking for a strong, senior engineering lead who is looking to grow along with TripActions. You must have experience as a mentor, team lead or manager of a test team. You have deep QA knowledge in at least one of these areas: web UI, mobile, or backend. You should also be comfortable with test automation, and understand the different trade-offs one has to make when building at scale.
- Build and execute a coherent and comprehensive quality strategy for TripActions to enable fast speed of iteration
- Acquire deep understanding of our users, product, and production environment.
- Lead technical direction for test development and automation team
- Hire, develop and mentor a group of full-stack QA engineers
- Create test automation framework and infrastructure in support of ease and effectiveness of our test execution
- Define and manage QA processes and ensure they scale along the company high growth
- Collaborate with product team, designers and other engineers
- 8+ years of experience in QA and test automation (hands-on)
- Experience as a mentor, team lead or manager of a QA team
- Experience with continuous integration / continuous deployment systems.
- Demonstrate QA expertise in at least one area: iOS, Android, web UI, backend
- Experience with technologies like Java (JEE), Appium, Selenium, Jenkins, JIRA, TestRail, AWS, Swagger
- Startup experience strongly preferred
- Passionate about travel
- Health: Medical, dental and vision
- Food: Catered meals and drinks
- Stock: Be invested in our future
- Savings: Take advantage of our 401K matching
- Travel: $2000 personal travel stipend to use on the app every year
- Commuter benefits: Pre-tax benefit plus a $1000 yearly transportation stipend
- People: Friendly, nice and smart coworkers
- Work/life balance: Take time off when you need it with an open vacation policy. Monthly recharge days ensure you’re at your best.
- Location: Work from Palo Alto, the heart of Silicon Valley