TripActions is the fastest-growing corporate travel platform disrupting a $1.3T industry and shaping the future of business travel.
TripActions is a story of inspiration born of frustration. Road warriors and co-founders Ariel Cohen and Ilan Twig believed that companies deserved a travel solution that takes the pain out of work trips –– so that their travelers can focus on being productive and meeting in-person, not wasting valuable time booking travel. So in 2015, they created TripActions. TripActions’ platform offers a vast selection of inventory that travelers can choose from, a personalized, intuitive user interface driven by machine learning, and 24/7 proactive real human, customer support. Companies enjoy complete travel program visibility, over 30% cost savings on average and seamless integrations with their HR and expense systems.
Globally, TripActions has grown to over 400 employees across 7 offices in 4 countries. We support over 1,000 customers, with innovative brands like Lyft, Dropbox, Sara Lee Frozen Bakery, SurveyMonkey, Robinhood and the ACLU relying on TripActions for their business travel needs. As one of Silicon Valley’s newest “unicorns”, TripActions has a valuation north of $1B and a total of $232M in funding. We’ve recently received $154M in our Series C funding round –– led by new investor Andreessen Horowitz, with participation from repeat investors Lightspeed Venture Partners, Zeev Ventures and SGVC.
TripActions was recently ranked #3 in the U.S. for Happiest Employees by Comparably, reflecting our focus on company culture and our incredible team. We’re on a mission to power the in-person connections that move people, ideas and businesses forward.
We’re redefining what it means to travel for work. Come help us build the future of business travel.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re looking for an experienced Product Marketing Leader to build out and scale our Product Marketing team globally.
The TripActions Marketing Team is looking for a Vice President, Product Marketing to take TripActions’ growth to the next level. In this role, your job is to build and scale a team that will be the experts on our users, our product and our value proposition. As the connective tissue between our product, marketing and sales teams, your team will define our product positioning and optimize our go-to-market. As the owner of our go-to-market strategy, you’ll develop target personas, iterate & refine our value proposition and build creative and effective enablement materials for the Sales team.
The work you do is the foundation of the success of the entire marketing and sales org. You’ll also partner closely with the product team to shape our product roadmap and own the launch of new features and initiatives that will accelerate our growth, drive user satisfaction and develop our brand.
The ideal candidate is a proven Product Marketing Leader with experience building & scaling product marketing teams in high growth, scrappy start-up environments. You are a strategic leader who strategizes at the 30,000 feet level, but you’re also comfortable getting your hands dirty in the weeds. You maintain a balance between proactive ideation and efficient, high-quality execution. You have a strong bias to action with an ability to ruthlessly prioritize. You’re obsessed with data and have proven your ability to work effectively across teams.
- Build & scale a global Product Marketing team
- Own the TripActions go-to-market strategy by testing & refining target personas
- Define & iterate on the TripActions value proposition for each of our key user groups
- Enable the Sales team: be the expert on our product and develop compelling, effective materials to ensure Sales team success including sales pitch decks, objection handlers, battlecards & more
- Coordinate user research (qualitative and quantitative) to better understand our users and develop target personas
- Conduct competitive research to better understand travel industry landscape and implement a strategy for differentiation
- Drive awareness and understanding of key TripActions features through multi-channel campaigns targeting companies and travelers
- Partner with the Product team to shape the product roadmap & implement tight feedback cycles between our users and the product team
- Own the launch of new product features and initiatives, including positioning, messaging and tactics to drive awareness & adoption (website, PR, blog, email, social, in-product messaging, paid channels, etc)
- 10+ years product marketing experience at a fast-growing start-up
- Inspiring leadership. You have experience building and managing a high-performing product marketing team
- Demonstrated success working cross-functionally with product, sales, PR and multiple functions within marketing
- Strategic & creative thinker. You’ll push beyond the playbook to challenge the status quo and develop innovative go-to-market strategies and campaigns.
- Excellent communication skills. You’re a clear, concise and compelling storyteller across written, verbal and visual formats
- Analytical mindset. You effectively use qualitative and quantitative data to make clear decisions that move the business forward.
- Self-starter with a penchant for experimentation. You’re always looking for ways to do your job better and you never wait to be told what to do. When you see an opportunity, you jump on it.
- A positive attitude: You’re a team player and you’re resilient in the face of challenges
- Strong organizational skills with ability to effectively prioritize
- Experience at a start-up or in a scrappy, fast-moving culture is a must
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA or graduate degree preferred
- An undeniable passion for travel
- Health: Medical, dental and vision
- Food: Catered meals and drinks
- Stock: Be invested in our future
- Savings: Take advantage of our 401K matching
- Travel: $2000 personal travel stipend to use on the app every year
- Commuter benefits: Pre-tax benefit plus a $1000 yearly transportation stipend
- People: Friendly, nice and smart coworkers
- Work/life balance: Take time off when you need it with an open vacation policy. Monthly recharge days ensure you’re at your best
- Location: Work from Palo Alto, the heart of Silicon Valley, and our WeWork space in San Francisco