TripActions is the fastest-growing corporate travel platform disrupting a $1.3T industry and shaping the future of business travel.
TripActions is a story of inspiration born of frustration. Road warriors and co-founders Ariel Cohen and Ilan Twig believed that companies deserved a travel solution that takes the pain out of work trips –– so that their travelers can focus on being productive and meeting in-person, not wasting valuable time booking travel. So in 2015, they created TripActions. TripActions’ platform offers a vast selection of inventory that travelers can choose from, a personalized, intuitive user interface driven by machine learning, and 24/7 proactive real human, customer support. Companies enjoy complete travel program visibility, over 30% cost savings on average and seamless integrations with their HR and expense systems.
Globally, TripActions has grown to over 400 employees across 7 offices in 4 countries. We support over 1,000 customers, with innovative brands like Lyft, Dropbox, Sara Lee Frozen Bakery, SurveyMonkey, Robinhood and the ACLU relying on TripActions for their business travel needs. As one of Silicon Valley’s newest “unicorns”, TripActions has a valuation north of $1B and a total of $232M in funding. We’ve recently received $154M in our Series C funding round –– led by new investor Andreessen Horowitz, with participation from repeat investors Lightspeed Venture Partners, Zeev Ventures and SGVC.
TripActions was recently ranked #3 in the U.S. for Happiest Employees by Comparably, reflecting our focus on company culture and our incredible team. We’re on a mission to power the in-person connections that move people, ideas and businesses forward.
We’re redefining what it means to travel for work. Come help us build the future of business travel.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re looking for a Communications Designer to help us bring the most exciting and dynamic brand in the travel industry to life.
We’re looking for a highly-motivated and versatile Communication Designer to own the design, building and creation of all marketing design assets globally. In this role, you’ll be responsible for bringing our brand to life across all external and internal channels. Our first full-time marketing designer will help shape our new brand strategy and own visual implementation of our brand across all external surfaces and touchpoints including our website, social media channels, emails, growth campaigns, keynote presentations, top priority events and even unexpected opportunities such as helping to shape the look and feel of our new offices around the world. This hire will also partner closely with our product designers to collaborate on innovative ways to inject more fun and delight into our user experiences and to ensure consistency of branding across marketing, sales and product interfaces.
The ideal candidate is a creative storyteller with an amazing portfolio of exceptional design work at world-class brands (including small companies that are killing it with brand!). You know that design work is more than pixels and your work demonstrates creativity, design range and an ability to flex your work to tell the right story for your audiences and products. Strategy is at the foundation of your work. You’re an expert on digital but also can flex into print and you obsess over every single detail, whether that’s getting the word kerning just right, refining typography one more time or reworking the layout to ensure the message cuts through. Most importantly, your enthusiasm is contagious, you love travel and you’re motivated to help bring an exciting brand to life!
- Bring our new brand to life globally with smart visual design concepting, refinement and execution across all owned and paid channels
- Drive all creative design ideation and production for TripActions, including: website, growth campaigns, email, social media, paid advertising, blog, sales materials, OOH, direct mail, events & more
- Elevate our story-telling through innovative, audacious and unexpected creative concepting
- Collaborate with Product Marketing, Growth and Events teams to develop campaigns, assets and messaging that will cut through and drive business impact
- Ensure brand consistency and local relevancy as TripActions continues its global expansion
- Partner closely with Product Design team to inject more fun and delight into our user experiences
- Execute design requests from the team as they pop up, whether that be a super creative direct mail, compelling content for Instagram or a landing page for a priority campaign.
- Get your hands dirty and get s!&t done wherever, whenever needed
- 5+ years visual/communications design experience
- An exciting portfolio of marketing/communications design work that has your fingerprints all over them
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch
- Proven ability to execute compelling digital, web and print design work
- Detail-obsession: every pixel must be perfect, even during fast turn-arounds
- Demonstrated success working cross-functionally with multiple functions within marketing as well as with product design, sales and PR
- Excellent communication skills. You’re a clear, concise and compelling storyteller.
- Creative thinker. You’ll push our brand in exciting directions and you’ll challenge the status quo.
- Empathetic: you’ll use insights and empathy for our travelers’ experiences to shape your work. You’ve traveled for work and you know how painful and magical it can be.
- Self-starter with a penchant for experimentation. You’re always looking for ways to do your job better and you never wait to be told what to do. When you see an opportunity, you jump on it.
- An amazing attitude: You’re a team player and you’re resilient in the face of challenges
- Strong organizational skills with ability to effectively prioritize
- Experience at a start-up or in a scrappy, fast-moving culture is a must
- An undeniable passion for travel
- Health: Medical, dental and vision
- Food: Catered meals and drinks
- Stock: Be invested in our future
- Savings: Take advantage of our 401K
- Travel: $2000 personal travel stipend to use on the app every year
- Commuter benefits: Pre-tax benefit plus a $1000 yearly transportation stipend
- People: Friendly, nice and smart coworkers
- Work/life balance: Take time off when you need it with an open vacation policy. Monthly recharge days ensure you’re at your best
- Location: Work from Palo Alto, the heart of Silicon Valley. Can work twice a week in our WeWork space in San Francisco