TripActions is the fastest-growing corporate travel platform disrupting a $1.3T industry and shaping the future of business travel.
TripActions is a story of inspiration born of frustration. Road warriors and co-founders Ariel Cohen and Ilan Twig believed that companies deserved a travel solution that takes the pain out of work trips –– so that their travelers can focus on being productive and meeting in-person, not wasting valuable time booking travel. So in 2015, they created TripActions. TripActions’ platform offers a vast selection of inventory that travelers can choose from, a personalized, intuitive user interface driven by machine learning, and 24/7 proactive real human, customer support. Companies enjoy complete travel program visibility, over 30% cost savings on average and seamless integrations with their HR and expense systems.
Globally, TripActions has grown to over 400 employees across 7 offices in 4 countries. We support over 1,000 customers, with innovative brands like Lyft, Dropbox, Sara Lee Frozen Bakery, SurveyMonkey, Robinhood and the ACLU relying on TripActions for their business travel needs. As one of Silicon Valley’s newest “unicorns”, TripActions has a valuation north of $1B and a total of $232M in funding. We’ve recently received $154M in our Series C funding round –– led by new investor Andreessen Horowitz, with participation from repeat investors Lightspeed Venture Partners, Zeev Ventures and SGVC.
TripActions was recently ranked #3 in the U.S. for Happiest Employees by Comparably, reflecting our focus on company culture and our incredible team. We’re on a mission to power the in-person connections that move people, ideas and businesses forward.
We’re redefining what it means to travel for work. Come help us build the future of business travel.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Creative Director is responsible for the development and direction of the creative brand and UX design in support of building TripActions into a top global brand. The role will work closely with stakeholders and teams across the business to create a visually stunning and engaging brand that is established across all our marketing efforts. They are accountable for driving the design and brand strategy to execution while working with confidence to present to senior management, as well as, commercial, technical and regional partners. The role requires an ambitious self-starter and team player that can stay strategic, while driving multiple competing projects to success. The role requires a balance of strategic and conceptual thinking, on top of strong organizational skills.
The candidate must possess an eye for clean and thoughtful design, demonstrate an entrepreneurial spirit, and must be well versed in all aspects of multi-screen design, complex design systems, with experience in enterprise, advertising and B2B design and development. They will play a key role in developing and executing creative strategy around user-centered design activities, mixing business and user goals to create engaging and intuitive experiences for our users.
- Establish our brand patterns, conceptual style, and implement a brand style guide.
- Review brand material for accuracy and continuity.
- Lead the creation, conceptualization, and production of branded assets and manage the design projects with internal teams and external agencies.
User First Design
- Put the user first for all design elements and strategies.
- Implement a standardized design framework from concepting, organizing idea sessions, creating mood boards and storyboards, designing user scenarios and developing concept sketches for final products.
- Collaborate with marketing, product management, engineering and other stakeholders to define design vision and implement consistent styling and interactivity across the TripActions website and product.
- Effectively communicate and document research findings, conceptual ideas, and detailed design rationales both verbally and visually.
- Leverage data and communicate methods for improving TripActions website and social experiences to increase campaign effectiveness and user satisfaction.
- Participate in strategy planning and lead the brand development roadmap.
- Oversee all marketing initiatives to ensure that imagery and style appropriately reflect the TripActions brand identity.
- Understand target markets and develop innovative design strategies to reach them.
- Possess superior time and project management skills, set priorities and be held accountable for results.
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks.
- Manage our brand guidelines.
- Champion TripActions internal brand and facilitates the distribution and management of branded assets and material.
- Partner with HR and recruiting to lead employees in relating to the brand, enable them to participate in its development, and establish the brand as a core part of our internal culture.
- Minimum 10 years design experience
- Location: Bay Area
- Health: Medical, dental and vision
- Food: Catered meals and drinks
- Stock: Be invested in our future
- Savings: Take advantage of our 401K
- Travel: $2000 personal travel stipend to use on the app every year
- Commuter benefits: Pre-tax benefit plus a $1000 yearly transportation stipend
- People: Friendly, nice and smart coworkers
- Work/life balance: Take time off when you need it with an open vacation policy. Monthly recharge days ensure you’re at your best
- Location: Bay Area