TripActions is the fastest-growing corporate travel platform disrupting a $1.3T industry and shaping the future of business travel.
TripActions is a story of inspiration born of frustration. Road warriors and co-founders Ariel Cohen and Ilan Twig believed that companies deserved a travel solution that takes the pain out of work trips –– so that their travelers can focus on being productive and meeting in-person, not wasting valuable time booking travel. So in 2015, they created TripActions. TripActions’ platform offers a vast selection of inventory that travelers can choose from, a personalized, intuitive user interface driven by machine learning, and 24/7 proactive real human, customer support. Companies enjoy complete travel program visibility, over 30% cost savings on average and seamless integrations with their HR and expense systems.
Globally, TripActions has grown to over 400 employees across 7 offices in 4 countries. We support over 1,000 customers, with innovative brands like Lyft, Dropbox, Sara Lee Frozen Bakery, SurveyMonkey, Robinhood and the ACLU relying on TripActions for their business travel needs. As one of Silicon Valley’s newest “unicorns”, TripActions has a valuation north of $1B and a total of $232M in funding. We’ve recently received $154M in our Series C funding round –– led by new investor Andreessen Horowitz, with participation from repeat investors Lightspeed Venture Partners, Zeev Ventures and SGVC.
TripActions was recently ranked #3 in the U.S. for Happiest Employees by Comparably, reflecting our focus on company culture and our incredible team. We’re on a mission to power the in-person connections that move people, ideas and businesses forward.
We’re redefining what it means to travel for work. Come help us build the future of business travel.
ABOUT THE ROLE
TripActions is looking for a People Operations Manager to support a 400+ (and rapidly scaling) global team with a wide array of human resources functions.
You will manage certain aspects of day-to-day HR (with the help of a People Ops Coordinator) and ensure that all HR processes are efficient, scalable, and meet the highest level of customer satisfaction, while providing support to other areas of the HR function. Primary functions will be employee support, immigration, and compliance. You will support other team members on benefits administration, payroll changes, and HRIS when necessary. This role reports to the VP Talent/Head of HR.
- Be the go-to person for employees who have questions about immigration, compliance, employment verifications and everyday HR questions
- Manage and conduct all voluntary and involuntary terminations
- Manage and improve key HR tools and processes to keep our organization running smoothly.
- Oversee the HR inbox and ensure that all inquiries are responded and actioned in a timely manner with superb customer satisfaction
- Carry out HR administrative functions, such as time tracking, benefit feeds, and document storage
- Complete all I-9 and E-verify functions
- Prepare off-boarding paperwork
- Partner with our immigration attorneys to carry out immigration responsibilities, including coordinating visas for new hires, completing the PERM process, and preparing H1-B lottery packets each year
- Work closely with the broader People and Recruiting teams to implement specific processes and programs and ad hoc projects
- Support our team across all levels on all HR policies and matters
- Think creatively about the entire employee experience and iterate and execute on making it better
- Process and maintain employee files in our systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field or a minimum of 4 years of related experience
- Clear, proactive communicator with a high EQ
- Understanding of federal and state labor laws
- Ability to work independently and drive towards aggressive deadlines
- Strong analytical, written and verbal communication skills
- Thoughtfulness, flexibility and a positive attitude
- Fluent in Google Apps and MS Office, especially Excel
- Willingness to get SHRM or PHR certification, if not yet certified
- Experience with USCIS and immigration policies
- Collaborative mindset. You thrive in cross-functional environments and have worked with leadership, product, sales and marketing to craft innovative campaigns
- Self-starter with a penchant for experimentation. You’re always looking for ways to do your job better and you never wait to be told what to do. When you see an opportunity, you jump on it.
- A positive attitude: You’re a team player and you’re resilient in the face of challenges. Most importantly, you’re fun and a pleasure to be around!
- Strong organizational skills with ability to effectively prioritize
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- An undeniable passion for travel
- Health: Medical, dental and vision
- Food: Catered meals and drinks
- Stock: Be invested in our future
- Savings: Take advantage of our 401K
- Travel: $2000 personal travel stipend to use on the app every year
- Commuter benefits: Pre-tax benefit plus a $1000 yearly transportation stipend
- People: Friendly, nice and smart coworkers
- Work/life balance: Take time off when you need it with an open vacation policy. Monthly recharge days ensure you’re at your best
- Location: Work from Palo Alto, the heart of Silicon Valley. Can work twice a week in our WeWork space in San Francisco