ABOUT THE ROLE
Owning everything post-sales, the VP of Customer Success will be an executive with a demonstrated track record of success working for organizations that have a reputation for outstanding performance. This individual will be someone who has consistently overachieved in high growth environments and has actively contributed to building high-performance, customer-centric organizations. It will be critical that this individual has been a part of scaling a rapidly growing business by developing both a high volume transaction oriented top-down, solution-oriented team; while also possessing a deep knowledge of quickly deployable enterprise software. The role will require an individual to establish a results and performance based culture while infusing an appropriate level of process and prioritization. This leader will be charged with building out a large global organization and vision for the entire customer support success function, focused on driving the success of both the customer companies as well as the individual employees with those companies. This senior executive will be an effective leader with demonstrated strength in successfully creating, driving and managing support organizations and engagements. The VP of Customer Success will be a strong leader, developer of talent and should also have a demonstrated track record of recruiting and fielding an "A" team of customer success, services and account management executives.
- Build and lead a global CS organization across multiple cities and countries.
- Build relationships with internal teams to develop and implement plans that provide increased value to the business.
- Collaborate with the executive leadership team to define and coordinate the company’s business and customer care strategies with a strong focus on customer satisfaction/retention, employee enrichment and growth in owner value.
- Create a work environment that continually promotes quality and employee effectiveness, consistently attracts new talent to the business at all levels, and retains key high performers and high potential employees.
- Focus on quality to improve operational excellence as well as streamline and standardize external processes.
- Review and evaluate, on a continuing basis, the unit’s performance against annual operating and strategic goals.
- Build the operating model and playbook of best practices around improving empathy and delivering a higher degree of predictability and customer care.
- Create metrics driven solutions to help win and retain additional business while keeping a focus not only on efficiency metrics, but also on effectiveness metrics to expand the business.
- Serve as executive representative for TripActions externally across the industry and act as the company’s customer support representative in the marketplace with its major customers, vendors and partners.
- Proven leader and motivator, with deep experience building and leading large global customer success organizations.
- Entrepreneurial, unafraid to roll-up sleeves, get it done and "lead from the front”
- At least 15 years’ experience in SaaS/Cloud industry, with 8 years in a senior leadership position.
- Success growing an organization of an early stage SaaS company that has seen growth to $100 Million or more in annual revenue and built significant teams.
- Has driven organizations through rapid growth and global expansion at scale, and understand the criticality of operational excellence.
- Have prior experience working with multiple accounts simultaneously and comfortable with SMB, mid-market, and enterprise engagement cycles.
- Has successfully evaluated internal customer care processes and work-flows and has clearly revamped/optimized/monetized processes.
- Created road maps and strategies to manage first cycle of implementations with the ability to optimize around upsell and renewals.
- Health: Medical, dental and vision
- Food: Catered meals and drinks
- Stock: Be invested in our future
- Savings: Take advantage of our 401K
- Travel: $2000 personal travel stipend to use on the app every year
- Commuter benefits: Pre-tax benefit plus a $1000 yearly transportation stipend
- People: Friendly, nice and smart coworkers
- Work/life balance: Take time off when you need it with an open vacation policy. Monthly recharge days ensure you’re at your best.
- Location: Work from Palo Alto, the heart of Silicon Valley.