TripActions is the fastest-growing corporate travel platform disrupting a $1.3T industry and shaping the future of business travel.
TripActions is a story of inspiration born of frustration. Road warriors and co-founders Ariel Cohen and Ilan Twig believed that companies deserved a travel solution that takes the pain out of work trips –– so that their travelers can focus on being productive and meeting in-person, not wasting valuable time booking travel. So in 2015, they created TripActions. TripActions’ platform offers a vast selection of inventory that travelers can choose from, a personalized, intuitive user interface driven by machine learning, and 24/7 proactive real human, customer support. Companies enjoy complete travel program visibility, over 30% cost savings on average and seamless integrations with their HR and expense systems.
Globally, TripActions has grown to over 400 employees across 7 offices in 4 countries. We support over 1,000 customers, with innovative brands like Lyft, Dropbox, Sara Lee Frozen Bakery, SurveyMonkey, Robinhood and the ACLU relying on TripActions for their business travel needs. As one of Silicon Valley’s newest “unicorns”, TripActions has a valuation north of $1B and a total of $232M in funding. We’ve recently received $154M in our Series C funding round –– led by new investor Andreessen Horowitz, with participation from repeat investors Lightspeed Venture Partners, Zeev Ventures and SGVC.
TripActions was recently ranked #3 in the U.S. for Happiest Employees by Comparably, reflecting our focus on company culture and our incredible team. We’re on a mission to power the in-person connections that move people, ideas and businesses forward.
We’re redefining what it means to travel for work. Come help us build the future of business travel.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our Global Customer Support Department is located across multiple location and this position is to join our team based in our EMEA HQ. Our Customer Support team is driven by its passion for travel and their dedication to create an outstanding experience for our worldwide users, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The team is focusing on delivering the best service levels for both tech and travel related support.
As a Travel Support Specialist, you will contribute to maintain an organised workplace, follow office operating procedures, assist others when needed, keep current on systems enhancements and continuously promote and exhibit positive behaviour both internally and externally.
- Assist clients and support team members on any form of correspondence between customer and company to provide app and travel related support. Examples may include help in finding core problems with the app, airline assistance in finding efficient routes to secure the lowest available fares, changes to existing reservations and exchanging tickets, understanding travel products and general travel services in response to identified, specific client needs by effective use and knowledge of the airline industry, GDS and third party technology
- Acts on customer requests including complex and lengthy specifications
- Provides clients with accurate travel and tech related help for information to assist with any client initiated changes and unexpected situations
- Ensures optimum customer service capabilities through the effective use of chat, email, phone systems and positive telephone service techniques
- Understands systems and internal navigation
- Collects data and feedback from customers to close the loop on potential app and customer issues
- Escalates issues to Managers as needed to solve both travel and tech related problems
- As part of a 24/7 support team, will be required to work nights/weekends/holidays as needed
- 1-3 years experience in a tech support role or customer facing service role
- Effective oral and written communication skills (must be able to speak English clearly.)
- Proficient in providing travel related support solutions
- Knowledgeable in geography, including expedient, cost effective and preferred travel routes
- Positive attitude/team Player
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment (chat/phone/email)
- Solid CRM skills (answer chat/phones, Zendesk maintain logs/records, and research information)
- Good time management skills and proficient with numbers
- Solid working knowledge of travel industry procedures
The role is based in Amsterdam, Netherlands.