TripActions is the fastest-growing corporate travel platform disrupting a $1.3T industry and shaping the future of business travel.
TripActions is a story of inspiration born of frustration. Road warriors and co-founders Ariel Cohen and Ilan Twig believed that companies deserved a travel solution that takes the pain out of work trips –– so that their travelers can focus on being productive and meeting in-person, not wasting valuable time booking travel. So in 2015, they created TripActions. TripActions’ platform offers a vast selection of inventory that travelers can choose from, a personalized, intuitive user interface driven by machine learning, and 24/7 proactive real human, customer support. Companies enjoy complete travel program visibility, over 30% cost savings on average and seamless integrations with their HR and expense systems.
Globally, TripActions has grown to over 400 employees across 7 offices in 4 countries. We support over 1,000 customers, with innovative brands like Lyft, Dropbox, Sara Lee Frozen Bakery, SurveyMonkey, Robinhood and the ACLU relying on TripActions for their business travel needs. As one of Silicon Valley’s newest “unicorns”, TripActions has a valuation north of $1B and a total of $232M in funding. We’ve recently received $154M in our Series C funding round –– led by new investor Andreessen Horowitz, with participation from repeat investors Lightspeed Venture Partners, Zeev Ventures and SGVC.
TripActions was recently ranked #3 in the U.S. for Happiest Employees by Comparably, reflecting our focus on company culture and our incredible team. We’re on a mission to power the in-person connections that move people, ideas and businesses forward.
We’re redefining what it means to travel for work. Come help us build the future of business travel.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As TripActions sees significant adoption in the market, we are looking for an exceptional RVP of Sales to lead our expansion in Dallas and Chicago. This role will report directly to the Chief Revenue Officer and be responsible for landing and growing our Midwest sales hub. TripActions is looking for a natural leader who loves to sell, is energized by nurturing and developing people, and is exceptional at inspiring customers and prospects through a fast-cycle, complex sales process.
Tasked with building a high-performance sales organization from the ground up, you will have full ownership of all sales aspects of our Central region. If you are an entrepreneurial sales leader who thrives in a fast-paced, high growth environment where you are developing and executing deal strategies, leading and mentoring a team, and collaborating cross functionally with every area of the organization, then this is the ideal opportunity for you.
- Hire a team of exceptional Account Executives
- Train and coach sales people to deliver consistently against quotas and expectations
- Develop and implement a strategy for unlocking business from the NA-Central region
- Develop and report sales revenue forecasts based on visibility into direct and partner pipeline on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Develop and execute an account management plan aimed at ensuring 100% customer satisfaction/renewals
- Work with cross-functional teams, including Marketing, Customer Success/Support, Finance, Product/Engineering, to develop the market
- Set vision, values, and mission for the NA-Central region
- Serve as Head of Office for Dallas and Chicago, creating an engaging work environment for the broader office as it grows.
- Develop a bench of world-class leaders to enable fast scale-up over the next 12-24 months
- 10+ years experience, both as a sales leader and an individual sales person within the technology and/or travel industries, with at least 4 years in a leadership capacity
- Track record in building organizations and hiring and training top talent, particularly in a hyper-growth start-up environment
- Ability to understand, articulate, and lead complex sales processes
- Proven record of driving and closing complex deals through fast sales cycles
- Strong career trajectory with a history of top performance in successive roles
- Compelling leader who can effectively coach individually and drive team motivation
- Analytical thinker with demonstrated command of metrics-driven sales models
- Effective at building senior and executive relationships with key customer stakeholders
- An undeniable passion for travel
- Health: Medical, dental and vision
- Food: Catered meals and drinks
- Stock: Be invested in our future
- Savings: Take advantage of our 401K
- Travel: $2000 personal travel stipend to use on the app every year
- Commuter benefits: Pre-tax benefit plus a $1000 yearly transportation stipend
- People: Friendly, nice and smart coworkers
- Work/life balance: Take time off when you need it with an open vacation policy. Monthly recharge days ensure you’re at your best
- Location: Work from Dallas or Chicago and help choose the location of our new Central offices.