TripActions is the fastest-growing corporate travel platform disrupting a $1.5T industry and shaping the future of business travel.
TripActions is a story of inspiration born of frustration. Road warriors and co-founders Ariel Cohen and Ilan Twig believed that companies deserved a travel solution that takes the pain out of work trips –– so that their travelers can focus on being productive and meeting in-person, not wasting valuable time booking travel. So in 2015, they created TripActions. Since then, we’ve been a mission to power the face-to-face, in-person connections that move people, ideas and businesses forward.
TripActions’ platform offers a vast selection of inventory that travelers can choose from, a personalized, intuitive user interface driven by machine learning, and 24/7 proactive real human, customer support. Companies enjoy complete travel program visibility, over 30% cost savings on average and seamless integrations with their HR and expense systems.
Globally, TripActions has grown to over 600 employees across 7 offices in 4 countries. We support over 1,500 customers, with innovative brands like Lyft, Dropbox, Sara Lee Frozen Bakery, Allbirds, Robinhood and the ACLU relying on TripActions for their business travel needs. As one of Silicon Valley’s newest “unicorns”, TripActions has a valuation north of $1B and a total of $232M in funding. We’ve recently received $154M in our Series C funding round –– led by new investor Andreessen Horowitz, with participation from repeat investors Lightspeed Venture Partners, Zeev Ventures and SGVC.
TripActions was recently recognized as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies for 2019, #12 in LinkedIn’s Top Startups 2018 and #3 in the U.S. for Happiest Employees by Comparably.
We’re redefining what it means to travel for work. Come help us build the future of business travel.
ABOUT THE ROLE
TripActions’ DFW Support Center is seeking a Manager of Customer Support to join our growing team. This role provides leadership and operational oversight of support teams responding to customers 24x7.
- Provide leadership to Support Agents, Support Specialists, and Team Leaders.
- Conduct regular (3x a month) 1:1 meetings and formal reviews with team members to monitor progress, set expectations, and coach and develop employee skills including the creation and tracking of career maps.
- Provide performance feedback continually to encourage desired behaviors in line with corporate goals.
- Manage escalations that occur and own customer issues through to completion
- Develop processes to ensure recovery from the most common service issues.
- Share best practices with team members to enhance the quality and efficiency of Customer Support and contribute to the Knowledge Base.
- Monitor Call Queues (ACD) and SLA's to ensure appropriate adherence and achievement of goals - report on weekly and monthly performance of the operation and, specifically, your team.
- When problems arise, perform root cause analysis to develop permanent corrective actions to improve process where needed
- Knowledge of, and familiarity with, CRM applications (e.g. Salesforce, ZenDesk, HelpScout, etc)
- Knowledge of, and familiarity with, cloud-based help desk applications (e.g. Five9, Freshdesk, Aspect, PureCloud, etc)
- Screen for and interview new hires as we scale our support organization
- Provide input for the New Hire Training Program and ensure effective execution for modules delivered by Support.
- 1-3 years contact center / support experience at the manager level
- 5+ years progressive leadership experience in a contact center / support environment (Agent -> Lead -> Supervisor, for example)
- Customer-Centric: The customer is at the forefront of everything we do -- you must live and breathe customer support and promote high customer engagement through all interactions
- Ability to build relationships and motivate people and teams
- Proven mentor and motivator with a clear understanding of the support requirements, customer base, and challenges facing a fast-growing company.
- Excellent organizational skills & interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, presentation and facilitation skills.
- Ability to work independently and effectively as part of a team.
- Business analytics, should be able to provide a data driven approach for operational challenges and strategies.
- Flexibility to work non-traditional shifts (early mornings, late evenings and weekends), as we scale our support organization
- College degree preferred
- Health: Medical, dental and vision
- Stock: Be invested in our future
- Savings: Take advantage of our 401K matching
- Travel: $2000 personal travel stipend to use on the app every year
- Commuter benefits: Pre-tax benefit plus a $1000 yearly transportation stipend
- People: Friendly, nice and smart coworkers
- Work/life balance: Take time off when you need it with an open vacation policy. Monthly recharge days ensure you’re at your best.
- Location: Dallas, Texas