TripActions is a rapidly growing startup that reinvents one of the most used & hated processes in your workplace. We're saving customers 30% on their travel budgets and incentivizing their employees along the way. With access to our massive, unbiased collection of consumer, direct, and corporate inventories for flights, hotels, and cars travelers never miss a beat. We are based in Palo Alto, CA and backed by Zeev Ventures, Lightspeed Ventures, and SGVC.
ABOUT THE ROLE
TripActions’ DFW Support Center is seeking a Manager of Customer Support to join our growing team. This role provides leadership and operational oversight of support teams responding to customers 24x7.
- Provide leadership to Support Agents, Support Specialists, and Team Leaders.
- Conduct regular (3x a month) 1:1 meetings and formal reviews with team members to monitor progress, set expectations, and coach and develop employee skills including the creation and tracking of career maps.
- Provide performance feedback continually to encourage desired behaviors in line with corporate goals.
- Manage escalations that occur and own customer issues through to completion
- Develop processes to ensure recovery from the most common service issues.
- Share best practices with team members to enhance the quality and efficiency of Customer Support and contribute to the Knowledge Base.
- Monitor Call Queues (ACD) and SLA's to ensure appropriate adherence and achievement of goals - report on weekly and monthly performance of the operation and, specifically, your team.
- When problems arise, perform root cause analysis to develop permanent corrective actions to improve process where needed
- Knowledge of, and familiarity with, CRM applications (e.g. Salesforce, ZenDesk, HelpScout, etc)
- Knowledge of, and familiarity with, cloud-based help desk applications (e.g. Five9, Freshdesk, Aspect, PureCloud, etc)
- Screen for and interview new hires as we scale our support organization
- Provide input for the New Hire Training Program and ensure effective execution for modules delivered by Support.
- 1-3 years contact center / support experience at the manager level
- 5+ years progressive leadership experience in a contact center / support environment (Agent -> Lead -> Supervisor, for example)
- Customer-Centric: The customer is at the forefront of everything we do -- you must live and breathe customer support and promote high customer engagement through all interactions
- Ability to build relationships and motivate people and teams
- Proven mentor and motivator with a clear understanding of the support requirements, customer base, and challenges facing a fast-growing company.
- Excellent organizational skills & interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, presentation and facilitation skills.
- Ability to work independently and effectively as part of a team.
- Business analytics, should be able to provide a data driven approach for operational challenges and strategies.
- Flexibility to work non-traditional shifts (early mornings, late evenings and weekends), as we scale our support organization
- College degree preferred
- Health: Medical, dental and vision
- Stock: Be invested in our future
- Savings: Take advantage of our 401K matching
- Travel: $2000 personal travel stipend to use on the app every year
- Commuter benefits: Pre-tax benefit plus a $1000 yearly transportation stipend
- People: Friendly, nice and smart coworkers
- Work/life balance: Take time off when you need it with an open vacation policy. Monthly recharge days ensure you’re at your best.
- Location: Dallas, Texas