This is a great opportunity for a Marketing Director who has a passion for entrepreneurship. Our ideal candidate may even have experience with a startup of their own (in the past, present, or future!). If you would love to join a community of startups and would enjoy nurturing a supportive ecosystem to help them thrive, please apply!
TechFW is a non-profit organization that has been helping entrepreneurs launch and grow emerging technology companies since 1998.
The Marketing Director (MD) will be at the center of activity, immersed in our community of entrepreneurs, helping to support it, build it, and grow it. In addition to leading marketing for TechFW, the MD enjoys coaching and supporting our entrepreneur clients.
This position will join a team of five, reports directly to the Executive Director, and oversees marketing contractors, vendors and interns. The TechFW office is a casual yet professional environment where the vibe is filled with the energy of startup culture, therefore successful team members are self-motivated, super organized, and require minimal direction.
The ideal candidate has at least four years of experience in a marketing role handling internal and external business communications, content creation, and relationship development and a Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in a related area of study. Top candidates are highly social and skilled in engaging stakeholders and creating compelling content in both visual and written formats. Additionaly, top candidates have a passion for entrepreneurial adventure and may even have experience with or plans for their own startup!
- Represent the brand and mission of TechFW as an advocate and champion of our impact in the community
- Participate in professional organizations, attend conferences and workshops, and serve on committees as needed
- Collaborate with other entrepreneur support organizations and university partners to help build the Fort Worth entrepreneur community
- Increase philanthropic gifts, resources and sponsorships in support of program activities from current sponsors and partners and prospective supporters.
- Aid in recruiting entrepreneurs into our programs and events, mentors for our M-Crew program, and accredited investors to the Cowtown Angels program.
- Lead all branding, marketing, and communication initiatives and strategies for TechFW
- Coach entrepreneur clients on marketing and sales opportunities and strategies
- Manage the TechFW website, daily posts on social media platforms, and a weekly newsletter that covers upcoming events and the week in review
- Submit TechFW for awards throughout the year
- Champion and embody TechFW’s core values:
- Give before you get
- Continuous improvement
- Forward thinking
QUALIFICATIONS / ATTRIBUTES:
- 4+ years of professional experience in marketing, communications or a similar field
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in a related area of study is preferred
- Thorough and demonstrated knowledge of business skills required to start a new business
- Personal experience as a founder of a small business or a startup employee is a plus
- Personal experience in an entrepreneur support organization is a plus
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including copywriting and the ability to design and create compelling presentations
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to self-manage to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to use social media channels effectively to deliver marketing content
- Experience creating targeted content that generates measurable ROI
- Strongly developed critical thinking skills and emotional intelligence
- Proficient in Social Media platforms, Adobe Suite programs, Canva, Squarespace, Hootsuite, Eventbrite
- Ability to lead, direct, coordinate and evaluate diverse work efforts
- Ability to adapt to roles with a dynamic team structure