Who we are
Trilogy Education Services, a 2U, Inc. brand, partners with the world's leading universities to help companies bridge the digital skills gap. We work with experienced instructors, innovative employers, and top institutions to power boot camps that prepare today's workers for tomorrow's jobs. We offer programs in Web Development, Data Analytics, UX/UI Design, Digital Marketing, Cybersecurity, and Financial Technology. Our platform combines a market-driven curriculum, robust career services, and a multinational community of universities, instructors, and employers to prepare adult learners for careers in the digital economy.
Our bootcamp courses are delivered via our University partners by Trilogy Education Services. We are one of the fastest growing tech education providers globally, offering an alternative way to study outside of a traditional learning landscape for working professionals looking to expand their skill set.
Our programs have been in existence since October 2015, and since that first class, we've launched an additional 300 classes with 50+ university partnerships. This role is in partnership with University of Sydney.
Why teach with us?
Are you an experienced Financial Technology professional who is passionate about education and making an impact? Do you love empowering others to find life-changing opportunities? Then this may be the position for you!
We believe learning a new skill, like FinTech, should be exciting and engaging — and that starts with the instructor. You'll notice that prior teaching experience isn't a prerequisite to being an Instructor. If you bring knowledge, strong communication, and positive energy to the classroom, you're going to help students along their transformative path to a successful and rewarding career. We'll provide the training, lesson plans, and tools to support you on your journey of impacting lives in the classroom.
Our students have a diverse background, from working professionals to fresh-out-of-college people, who seek to transition into careers in software. Instructors will have a direct hand in changing the lives of our students.
What you'll do
Instructors with the help of Teaching Assistants; lead classroom discussions, emphasize the meta-skills and core concepts, support students in their projects and challenges, and provide feedback to students.
- Lead lectures and educational product management activities
- Answer students’ questions during class sessions
- Utilize Zoom’s “breakout-rooms” feature during activities and in-class projects to assist the students, as needed
- Upload class content to the student facing github/gitlab repository
- Ensure that homework is graded on-time, and occasionally assist with grading
- Provide empathy, support, and encouragement to students as they go through a life-changing experience
- Ensure that homework is graded on-time
Skills & Requirements
- A positive attitude
- Ability to deliver our lesson plans that are provided by Trilogy
- Share your own professional experiences and industry insight with the students
- Be able to infuse empathy, support, encouragement, and fun into the student experience
- At least 4-5 years of full stack development/engineering experience (or equivalent)
- Bachelor's Degree
- Full working rights in Australia
Proficient in the following:
- Financial Fundamentals in Time-Series Analysis, Financial Ratios, and Financial Analysis
- Python Programming in Python 3, Pandas, Matplotlib, API Interactions, and JupyterLab
- Financial Libraries and Tools like NumPy and Quantopian
- Execution Algorithms, Monte Carlo Simulations, Risk-Data Aggregation, Forecasting, Financial
Modeling, Modern Portfolio Theory, and Logistic Regression
- Machine Learning using Algorithmic Trading, Random Forests, k-Nearest Neighbor (kNN),
Support Vector Machines (SVM), Linear Regression, and Scikit-learn
- Blockchain and Cryptocurrency experience. Smart contracts experience with contract languages
such as Solidity and Libra. Experience with or knowledge of Ethereum, Consensus Algorithms,
Transactions, Validation, Distributed Ledger, Bitcoin Cash, and Mining.
- Part time, 24-week contract (December 2021 - June 2022)
- Days/hours: Tuesday and Thursday 6pm-10.15pm, Saturdays: 9:30am- 2:45pm
All hours include a break, class instruction and office hours but does not include preparation time (approximately 2hrs per class).
Please note: Due to COVID-19 all of our in-person classes are currently being hosted online. Our hiring process is also remote, so rest assured that you will not need to leave the safety of your home during this pandemic. Due to this, the below is required:
- Must have a laptop, camera, at least one additional monitor preferred, microphone/headset, and reliable internet access.
- Experience with Zoom video conferencing preferred.
- We hope to return to in-person classes when it’s safe to do so. Given that, we have a preference for local candidates.
- Maintain your current career while teaching
- Hone your own skills by teaching and mentoring others
- Be a part of a culture that invests in employee growth with ongoing training and nonstop learning
- Expand your network by joining the thousands of industry professionals who make up our Instructional Staff
- Experience the gratitude and fulfillment that comes along with teaching and giving back to the community