Who we are
Trilogy Education Services, a 2U, Inc. brand, partners with the world's leading universities to help companies bridge the digital skills gap. We work with experienced instructors, innovative employers, and top institutions to power boot camps that prepare today's workers for tomorrow's jobs.
Our programs have been in existence since October 2015, and since that first class, we've launched an additional 300 classes with 50+ university partnerships.
Are you an experienced UX/UI designer who is passionate about education and making an impact? Do you love empowering others to find life-changing opportunities? Then this may be the position for you!
We believe learning a new skill, like UX/UI design, should be exciting and engaging — and that starts with the instructor. You'll notice that prior teaching experience isn't a prerequisite to being an Instructor. If you bring knowledge, strong communication, and a positive energy to the classroom, you're going to help students along their transformative path to a successful and rewarding career. We'll provide the training, lesson plans, and tools to support you on your journey of impacting lives in the classroom.
Check out the program details here.
Skills & Requirements
- At least 4-5 years of UX/UI designer experience (or equivalent)
- Bachelor's Degree
- Background in:
- User-Centric Design Research using Qualitative and Quantitative Practices, Information Architecture and Flow, User Need Identification, User Experience Interviewing, Proto-Personas, and Insight Synthesis
- Visual Prototyping and Wire-framing using Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Keynote, Storyboarding, Decision Mapping, and Decision Flow Diagrams
- User Interface Development employing Atomic Design, UI Grids and Composition, Color Theory, Heuristic Metric Creation, Typographic Theory, Interaction Design, and Iconography
What You Will Do:
- Follow detailed lesson plans that include an active discussion environment and project-based learning
- Provide empathy, support, and encouragement to students as they go through a life-changing experience
- 24-week program (this is a part-time commitment)
- Mon/Wed/Sat OR Tue/Thu/Sat schedule
- Weekday Classes: 5:45 - 10:00 pm (includes office hours and break)
- Saturday Classes: 9:15 - 2:30 pm (includes office hours and break)
- Must have a laptop, camera, at least one additional monitor, microphone / headset, and reliable internet access.
- Experience with Zoom video conferencing preferred.
- We hope to return to in-person classes when it’s safe to do so. Given that, we have a preference for local candidates.
- Maintain your current career while teaching
- Hone your own skills by teaching and mentoring others
- Gain access to thousands of tech professionals around the globe that make up our instructional staff network
- Experience the gratitude and fulfillment that comes along with teaching and giving back to the tech community
*Hourly salary: In Colorado only, the anticipated hourly salary for this role is $48/hr. Note: The final compensation for this position may consider factors including the geographic location where the work is performed (candidate’s assigned office) and prior work experience of the candidate