Trilogy Education Services - a 2U, Inc. brand - joins forces with leading universities and innovative employers to bridge the digital skills gap by creating boot camps that prepare today's workforce for tomorrow's jobs. We introduced our first bootcamp in 2015 and since then have launched over 300 classes with more than 50 university partners.
Our instructional staff are a key component of our hands-on, skills-based approach, and that’s where you come in.
Are you a financial analyst passionate about sharing your experience and lessons learned with others? Do you enjoy mentoring and supporting others on their career path?
If so, this may be the position for you!
Embarking on a new career path should be exciting and engaging. That’s why we hire talented tech professionals with a passion for guiding students along their path to a successful and rewarding career.
You bring the wisdom, strong communication skills, and positive energy. We'll bring the lesson plans, training, and tools to support you. Together, we’ll equip future FinTech professionals with the skills they’ll need to succeed in the digital workspace.
Learn more here.
Skills & Requirements
- At least 6 months of experience
- Bachelor's Degree preferred, but not required
- Some familiarity with most or all of the following:
- Financial Fundamentals in Time-Series Analysis, Financial Ratios, and Financial Analysis
- Python 3, Pandas, MAtplotlib, API Interactions, and JupyterLab
- Financial libraries and Tools like NumPy, SciPy, and Quantopian
- Execution Algorithms, Monte Carlo Simulations, Risk-Data Aggregation, Forecasting, Financial Modeling, Modern Portfolio Theory, and Logistic Regression
- Machine Learning using Algorithmic Trading, Random Forests, k-Nearest Neighbor (kNN), Support ZVector Machines (SVM), Linear Regression, and Scikit-learn
- Blockchain and Cryptocurrency experience in Solidity, Ethereum, Consensus Algorithms, Transactions, Validation, Distributed Ledger, Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash, and Mining
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
What You Will Do:
- Take attendance at the start of class
- Ensure the Instructor stays on pace with the lesson plan
- Assist students during activity and project work time
- Research and answer student questions
- Provide empathy, support, and encouragement while engaging students
- 24-week program (this is a part-time commitment, approximately 13 hours per week)
- Mon/Wed/Sat OR Tue/Thu/Sat Schedule
- Weekday Hours: 5:45 - 10pm (includes office hours and break)
- Saturday Hours: 9:15 - 2:30pm (includes office hours and lunch break)
*** Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, classes are being taught online. ***
- Must have a laptop, camera, at least one additional monitor, microphone / headset, and reliable internet access.
- Experience with Zoom video conferencing preferred.
- We hope to return to in-person classes when it’s safe to do so and therefore prefer local candidates.
- Maintain your current role with this part-time opportunity
- Enhance your technical and pedagogical skills by mentoring others
- Join our worldwide network of thousands of tech professionals who teach with Trilogy
- Experience the gratitude and fulfillment that comes with teaching and giving back to your community