FinTech Instructor, George Washington University
Trilogy Education partners with universities to offer programs in Web Development, Data Analytics, UX/UI Design, Cybersecurity, and FinTech. Our platform combines a market-driven curriculum, robust career services, and a multinational community of universities, instructors, and employers to prepare adult learners for careers in the digital economy.
Our programs have been in existence since 2015, and since then, we've launched an additional 300 classes across the nation. We have hired more than 1,900 Instructors and Teaching Assistants to support our students.
We are looking for an experienced Financial Engineer, Python or Machine Learning Engineer with Finance experience or similar background to teach our part-time FinTech class at George Washington University. Our instructors are an essential piece to our students' experience with us. You must bring a positive attitude and be able to infuse empathy, support, encouragement, and fun into the classroom. As an instructor, you will need to have the ability to deliver our lesson plans that are being taught across the country; while at the same time, sharing your own professional experiences and industry insight with the students.
Our Financial Technology Program:
There is a parallel economy forming that is upending the financial system. From giant international firms to tiny startups, financial technology is starting to allow a whole new set of players to access financial data, and enabling a whole new generation of financial products and services.
Why teach with us?
Are you passionate about education and making an impact? Do you love empowering others to find life-changing opportunities? We’d love to hear from you! If you bring knowledge, strong communication, and positive energy to the classroom, you're going to help our students along their transformative path to a successful and rewarding career. Prior teaching experience isn't a prerequisite for success as an Instructor or Teaching Assistant within Trilogy.
We'll provide the guidance, training, lesson plans, and tools to support you on your journey of impacting lives in the classroom.
What You Will Do:
- Lead lectures and share your own personal experiences as an industry professional
- Facilitate a hands-on lab environment for students to gain real-world knowledge
- Coach students through coding activities and in-class projects
- Distribute Class Materials and Recorded Lectures to set up students for success
- Ensure a positive learning environment for students by infusing empathy and support into all that you do
- Be a classroom manager and confirm students are engaged and learning at every turn
- Make sure students are receiving timely feedback and grades on their assignments from you and your teaching assistants.
Experience with the following technologies is required:
- Finance Fundamentals like Time Series Analysis and Financial Ratios
- Investment Principles
- Excel and VBA
- Python 3
- Python Libraries such as Pandas, Matplotlib, NumPy, and more
- SQL and NoSQL Databases
- Machine Learning Applied to Finance with Algorithmic Trading, Scikit-learn, and more
- Cryptocurrency Fundamentals
- Blockchain technologies like Solidity, Ethereum, and Smart Contracts
What makes you a great fit (Requirements):
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience
- A positive attitude
- Ability to deliver our lesson plans that are taught in classrooms across the country to the student body
- Openness to share your own professional experiences and industry insight with the students
- Ability to support our students individually as they go through an emotional roller coaster
- Be able to infuse empathy, support, encouragement, and fun into the student experience
- 24-week program
- Mon/Wed/Sat OR Tue/Thu/Sat Schedule
- Weekday Classes: 6:00pm - 9:30pm (includes office hours and break)
- Saturday Classes: 9:30am - 3:00pm (includes office hours and lunch break)