Trilogy Education partners with universities to offer programs in Web Development, Data Analytics, UX/UI Design, Digital Marketing, Cybersecurity, and Financial Technology. Our platform combines a market-driven curriculum, robust career services, and a multinational community of universities, instructors, and employers to prepare adult learners for careers in the digital economy.
Trilogy Education is seeking a Financial Technology professional who has a passion for making a difference. Our students have a diverse background, from working professionals to fresh-out-of-college people, who seek to transition into careers in Financial Technology. Instructors will have a direct hand in changing the lives of our students.
Why teach with us?
Instructors with the help of Teaching Assistants; lead classroom discussions, emphasize the meta-skills and core concepts, support students in their projects and challenges, and provide feedback to students.
You don't have to have a ton of experience with teaching! You just have to be a lifelong learner, proven teacher or mentor, or love to help people change their lives to succeed.
What You Will Do:
- Lead lectures and educational coding activities
- Answer questions from the stage
- Walk around the classroom during coding activities and in-class projects to assist the students, as needed
- Upload all class content to Students Git Repository
- Ensure that homework is graded on-time, and occasionally assist with grading
What makes you a great fit:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience
- A positive attitude
- Ability to deliver our lesson plans that are provided by Trilogy
- Share your own professional experiences and industry insight with the students
- Be able to infuse empathy, support, encouragement, and fun into the student experience
Proficient in the following:
- Financial Fundamentals in Time-Series Analysis, Financial Ratios, and Financial Analysis
- Python Programming in Python 3, Pandas, Matplotlib, API Interactions, and JupyterLab
- Financial Libraries and Tools like NumPy and Quantopian
- Execution Algorithms, Monte Carlo Simulations, Risk-Data Aggregation, Forecasting, Financial Modeling, Modern Portfolio Theory, and Logistic Regression
- Machine Learning using Algorithmic Trading, Random Forests, k-Nearest Neighbor (kNN), Support Vector Machines (SVM), Linear Regression, and Scikit-learn
- Blockchain and Cryptocurrency experience. Smart contracts experience with contract languages such as Solidity and Libra. Experience with or knowledge of Ethereum, Consensus Algorithms, Transactions, Validation, Distributed Ledger, Bitcoin Cash, and Mining.
- 24-week program
- Mon/Wed/Sat OR Tue/Thu/Sat Schedule
- Weekday Classes: 5:45pm - 10pm (includes office hours and break)
- Saturday Classes: 9:30am - 2:30pm (includes office hours and lunch break)
Pay is commensurate with experience for this contract role.