Who we are
Trilogy Education Services, a 2U, Inc. brand, partners with the world's leading universities to help companies bridge the digital skills gap. We work with experienced instructors, innovative employers, and top institutions to power boot camps that prepare today's workers for tomorrow's jobs.
Our programs have been in existence since October 2015, and since that first class, we've launched an additional 300 classes with 50+ university partnerships.
Are you an experienced financial analyst who is passionate about education and making an impact? Do you love empowering others to find life-changing opportunities? Then this may be the position for you!
We believe learning a new technology, like FinTech, should be exciting and engaging — and that starts with the instructor. You'll notice that prior teaching experience isn't a prerequisite to becoming an Instructor. If you bring knowledge, strong communication, and positive energy to the classroom, you're going to help students along their transformative path to a successful and rewarding career. We'll provide the training, lesson plans, and tools to support you on your journey of impacting lives in the classroom.
Check out the program details here.
Skills & Requirements
- At least 4-5 years of FinTech experience (or equivalent)
- Bachelor's Degree
- Background in:
- Financial Fundamentals in Time-Series Analysis, Financial Ratios, and Financial Analysis
- Python Programming in Python 3, Pandas, MAtplotlib, API Interactions, and JupyterLab
- Financial Libraries and Tools like NumPy, SciPy, and Quantopian
- Execution Algorithms, Monte Carlo Simulations, Risk-Data Aggregation, Forecasting, Financial Modeling, Modern Portfolio Theory, and Logistic Regression
- Machine Learning using Algorithmic Trading, Random Forests, k-Nearest Neighbor (kNN), Support ZVector Machines (SVM), Linear Regression, and Scikit-learn
- Blockchain and Cryptocurrency experience in Solidity, Ethereum, Consensus Algorithms, Transactions, Validation, Distributed Ledger, Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash, and Mining
What You Will Do:
- Follow detailed lesson plans that include an active discussion environment and project-based learning
- Provide empathy, support, and encouragement to students as they go through a life-changing experience
- 24-week program (this is a part-time commitment)
- Mon/Wed/Sat OR Tue/Thu/Sat schedule
- Weekday Classes: 5:45 - 10pm (includes office hours and break)
- Saturday Classes: 9:15 - 2:30pm (includes office hours and break)
*** Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, classes are being taught online. ***
- Must have a laptop, a camera, at least one additional monitor, microphone/headset, and reliable internet access.
- Experience with Zoom video conferencing preferred.
- We hope to return to in-person classes when it’s safe to do so. Given that, we have a preference for local candidates.
- Maintain your current career while teaching
- Hone your own skills by teaching and mentoring others
- Expand your network by joining the thousands of industry professionals who make up our Instructional Staff
- Experience the gratitude and fulfillment that comes along with teaching and giving back to the tech community