FinTech Teaching Assistant (Part-Time) - The George Washington University
Trilogy Education partners with universities to offer programs in Web Development, Data Analytics, UX/UI Design, Cybersecurity, and FinTech. Our platform combines a market-driven curriculum, robust career services, and a multinational community of universities, instructors, and employers to prepare adult learners for careers in the digital economy.
Trilogy Education is seeking a Financial Engineer who has a passion for teaching individuals how to code. Our students have a diverse background, from working professionals to fresh-out-of-college people who seek to transition into careers in web development positions.
Why teach why us?
Instructors lead classroom discussions, guide inquiry, emphasize the meta-skills and core concepts of FinTech engineering, support students in their projects and challenges, and provide feedback to students and teaching assistants.
You don't have to have a ton of experience instructing! You just have to be a lifelong learner, proven teacher or mentor and love to help people change their lives and succeed.
What You Will Do:
- Take attendance at the start of class via Bootcampspot
- Ensure the Instructor is staying on track with regards to time
- Walk around class during code activities and projects to assist students
- Research and answer student questions when the instructor is unable to
- Grade all homework assignments
- Make sure students are engaged, learning and receiving feedback
Experience with the following Technologies is required:
- Finance Fundamentals like Time Series Analysis and Financial Ratios
- Investment Principles
- Excel and VBA
- Python 3
- Python Libraries such as Pandas, Matplotlib, NumPy, and more
- SQL and NoSQL Databases
Bonus Tech Skills (Experience is a plus, willingness to learn is a must)
- Machine Learning Applied to Finance with Algorithmic Trading, Scikit-learn, and more
- Cryptocurrency Fundamentals
- Blockchain technologies like Solidity, Ethereum, and Smart Contracts
- 24-week program
- Mon/Wed/Sat OR Tue/Thu/Sat Schedule
- Weekday Classes: 6:00pm - 9:30pm (includes office hours and break)
- Saturday Classes: 9:30am - 3:00pm (includes office hours and lunch break)