Tridge (https://www.tridge.com/ ) is a global agricultural trading platform that makes cross-border trade easy and frictionless. With our proprietary global sourcing hub, we go beyond matching buyers and sellers of 15,000 agricultural goods. This is facilitated through our one-stop fulfillment service that includes due diligence, supplier certificate verification, contract negotiation, packaging, shipping, customs, and many more. Powering the global sourcing hub is our data and intelligence services. Our exclusive database covers 11 million data points of agricultural goods and collects 50,000 data points each day. With greater transparency and real-time updates in price, quality, and trade volumes, Tridge removes the information asymmetry prevalent in many markets.
Tridge is looking for a Global Market Analyst who would be a leader of Tridge's global trading system in the Food & Agriculture industry.
The Global Market Analyst will be part of the Global Intelligence Contents team within the Intelligence and Solutions Department. Analysts will work closely with internal teams and Tridge’s global managers around the globe (60+ countries). Tridge provides one of the most comprehensive and dynamic Market Intelligence services in the global agriculture sector. As a Global Market Analyst, your daily work will involve a wide spectrum of tasks from developing & strengthening our Market Intelligence contents to planning and implementing new intelligence features.
*This position is to be fully-remote.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Identify and analyze notable changes in the global agriculture industry, such as fluctuations in prices, production, and export & import trends
- Generate new insight around industry-related topics, interview relevant parties and write in-depth articles on a regular basis
- Break down specific agricultural product market landscapes in developing Tridge’s market reports (eg. 2021 Avocado Report)
- Cooperate with the Global Operations team to identify new business opportunities by analyzing the recent price trends, trade data, market trends of Agricultural & Food commodities for Tridge to execute arbitrage opportunities
- Cooperate with the Product team in executing SEO strategy and various online marketing strategies to promote our Intelligence services to global buyers and suppliers
- Optimize Tridge's intelligence features by collecting feedback from users and participating in virtual trade shows or agriculture-related global forums
- Passion for communicating, negotiating, and developing close relationships with people
- College degree or equivalent work experience (Fresh graduate~1 year experience)
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Spoken and written English skill of business level or higher
- Ability to adapt quickly to the fast-paced working environment
- Strong self-motivation and willingness to learn and deal with new industries
- Capability to handle multiple works with great time-management skills and responsibility
- BS/BA Degree or higher in top global universities
- 0~5 years of experience in any relevant field including Market Intelligence, Strategic Consulting, Agriculture, Trading, Finance, Sales (Research Analyst or Analyst preferred)
- Native or excellent verbal and written communication skills (English)
- Active and eager to grow fast with a “roll up your sleeves” mentality
- Presentation and client communication skills are essential
- Excellent skills in analytical research
- Open to new ideas, and comfortable giving and receiving constructive feedback
- Comfortable with engaging in multiple projects and meeting tight deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (experience with Google Suite, Slack, and other social media platforms preferred)
The Assignment will be:
During the hiring process, there will be mandatory assignments that would need to be completed by all candidates. These assessments shall be approached from both a quantitative and qualitative perspective.
We deeply care about the personality and values of each of our team members and even more importantly, about those in key leadership positions. We would like to work with individuals who share these common values:
- Pursuing authenticity of their work and mission and engaging in good faith
- Care about the people with whom they work
- Live with a high-level purpose in life
- Love to communicate with the customers as well as the internal team
- Share the vision with the Tridge team about achieving and delivering an equilibrium in the global agricultural commodities markets
- Born with integrity and capable of operating with high self-discipline
- Pursuit of entrepreneurship in a fast-growing organization with high authority as well as discipline
Working at Tridge provides the following Extra Benefits:
- Work from Home: You will be engaging directly with suppliers and buyers. You will be working in your region and reporting remotely to the Operations Team of Tridge HQ.
- Career Advancement: You will enhance career skills by encountering and overcoming challenges in working with the fast-growing team. Join us in our mission to solve inefficiencies in the traditional trading industry.