Tridge (https://www.tridge.com/ ) is a global agricultural trading platform that makes cross-border trade easy and frictionless. With our proprietary global sourcing hub, we go beyond matching buyers and sellers of 15,000 agricultural goods. This is facilitated through our one-stop fulfillment service that includes due diligence, supplier certificate verification, contract negotiation, packaging, shipping, customs, and many more. Powering the global sourcing hub is our data and intelligence services. Our exclusive database covers 11 million data points of agricultural goods and collects 50,000 data points each day. With greater transparency and real-time updates in price, quality, and trade volumes, Tridge removes the information asymmetry prevalent in many markets.
The Data & Account Engagement Manager will be primarily responsible for 1) Acquiring national / regional / local level wholesale prices of imported agricultural commodities 2) Managing supplier & exporter accounts that are registered within Tridge platform 3) Collecting quantitative and qualitative intelligence and assetizing them into the platform.
Data & Account Engagement Managers will engage and build relationships with a wide range of local players in the agri space, including but not limited to wholesale market representatives, suppliers & exporters, distributors, processors, associations, government officials and other individuals existing in the value chain.
Data & Account EM will play crucial roles in enhancing the depth and coverage of Market Intelligence, which is Tridge’s key value proposition that differentiates our platform from competitors. Data & Account EMs will work directly with HQ Intelligence & Solutions team to optimize the platform operations and with other global colleagues to develop quality and depth of not only Tridge’s database, but also the data assetization process.
We are looking for applicants with experience and network in the local agri industry, who can easily identify where the intelligence is, and those who have persuasiveness and capability to quickly identify business opportunities. Furthermore, the Engagement Manager must have the ability to plan logically and execute with persistence.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Engaging with field level, local/regional level market-makers to acquire price data and other quantitative & qualitative insights
- Identifying and collecting data sources in various forms, and communicating with industry stakeholders to gain market insights on a regular basis
- Designing and developing Tridge’s data collection system
- Arranging screening calls for data validation purposes
- Assist with various data projects to assess and improve data quality
- Visit wholesale markets from occasionally to keep track of the market trends
- Engaging with local suppliers & exporters to onboard them to the Tridge marketplace so they can actively look for business opportunities
- Identify local suppliers & exporters of specific product category/certificates/requirements
- Manage suppliers & exporter accounts that are registered within the platform and assist them to boost sales within Tridge’s platform
- At least 3 years of experience in the local agriculture space (Candidates with connections & network with the local wholesale markets preferred)
- Passion for communicating, negotiating, and developing close relationships with people
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills in a local language
- Spoken and written English skill of business level or higher
- Ability to adapt quickly to the fast-paced working environment
- Strong self-motivation and willingness to learn and deal with new industries
- Capability to handle multiple works with great time-management skills and responsibility
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint systems
- Experience in domestic agriculture trading space
- Experience in sales or business development
- Experience in cold calling
- Strong interest in developing career in global agricultural & food industry
- Strong communication and outstanding negotiating skills
- Adaptability to a new strategy in a fast-moving environment
- English proficiency is required. Multiple languages preferred to perform sales
We deeply care about the personality and values of each of our team members and even more importantly, about those in key leadership positions. We would like to work with individuals who share these common values:
- Pursuing authenticity of their work and mission and engaging in good faith
- Care about the people with whom they work
- Live with a high-level purpose in life
- Love to communicate with the customers as well as the internal team
- Share the vision with the Tridge team about achieving and delivering an equilibrium in the global agricultural commodities markets
- Born with integrity and capable of operating with high self-discipline
- Pursuit of entrepreneurship in a fast-growing organization with high authority as well as discipline
Working at Tridge provides the following Extra Benefits:
- Work from Home: You will be engaging directly with suppliers and buyers. You will be working in your region and reporting remotely to the Operations Team of Tridge HQ.
- Career Advancement: You will enhance career skills by encountering and overcoming challenges in working with the fast-growing team. Join us in our mission to solve inefficiencies in the traditional trading industry.
Get to know more about Tridge from our press release: