Tridge offers a solution to one of the earliest commercial challenges in the whole of human history: information asymmetry in agricultural trading. With Tridge’s cutting-edge technology, we aim to solve the traditional global trade industry's market inefficiencies by creating a bridge between suppliers and buyers to connect. Our vision is to become a global trading hub to provide a one-stop solution to reliable cross-border trade across the globe with our extensive networks and market intelligence.
Tridge is a pioneer in utilizing technology to develop a safe trade ecosystem where both buyers and suppliers can access global trades executed by Tridge based on up-to-date prices and specialized market data. Tridge works as one team to fulfill our mission across various functions and geographical regions - to make global trade easy for everyone. At Tridge, we prioritize our mission at the heart of everything we strive to achieve.
Our Tridge Chile office has been changing the paradigm of agriculture trading with established infrastructure to undertake the entire operation sourcing ecosystem: Sourcing, Packing and logistics.
The Senior Supplier Engagement Manager(SEM) will act as a key liaison between suppliers and Tridge HQ. As a Senior Manager, he or she will be responsible for aligning the operational objective and agendas with Tridge HQ and Chile. As a local representative, SEMs will deliver our mission by building strong relationships with suppliers through introducing Tridge and laying the foundation for successful trade deals. SEMs will collaborate with Tridge HQ daily to fully align the tasks and strategize ways to build and manage a pipeline of prospective businesses and suppliers. The performance of SEMs will be evaluated by set targets and assessed based on results regularly. A high level of ownership, a result-oriented performance, and a genuine willingness to help suppliers export successfully through Tridge are the keys to this position's success.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Plan, evaluate, and improve the efficiency of the entire sourcing value chain to enhance and satisfy target revenue
- Provide oversight and directions to assigned operating units
- Act as the primary point of contact to align the planning and execution with HQ
- Communicate clearly the progress of weekly/monthly initiatives to internal and external stakeholders
- Identify vital local products with strong export potential
- Develop a longlist of local suppliers and shortlist by evaluating their export capacity and credibility based on the guidelines provided by Tridge HQ
- Among the shortlisted suppliers, arrange site visits and demonstrate the value of Tridge to build a rapport (join prospective suppliers as vendors)
- Based on the buyer inquiries handled by the HQ, constantly negotiate the offer prices, delivery terms, payment terms with the vendor suppliers to maximize product competitiveness
- 10+ years of experience in the agriculture/food industry
- 5+ years of experience at management level
- Strong understanding of business management, financial and leadership principles
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills in the local language
- Living in the country where you are applying for this position
- Spoken and written English skills of business level or higher recommended
- Ability to analyze processes and information, identify problems and trends, and develop effective solutions and strategies
- Strong understanding in agricultural value chains in the global trade business
- College degree or equivalent work experience
- Experiences in the major industries of the trading business of the following sectors: Agriculture(Fruits, Grains, Nuts) and Aquaculture(Fish farming and processing)
- Experience in handling and executing the entire agriculture trading business
Get to know more about Tridge from our press release: