Youpick is the leading global F&B e-commerce channel in Korea, launched to satisfy the Korean consumers by identifying and introducing exotic, great tasting and locally authentic food from all around the world. We persistently challenge the traditional import methods and high barriers of import induced as a consequence of the complex distribution structure. Our goal is to make it easy and affordable for domestic consumers to enjoy premium imported foods. We run and develop our own e-platform model and are proud to work alongside partnered channels such as hypermarkets, CVS, and HORECAs throughout Korea. Our team members are open minded, highly driven and aren’t afraid to explore uncharted markets and its foreign products to drive niche food trends and lifestyles for foodies in the Korean market. Our Youpick team consists of experts in sourcing, sales & distribution, online marketing & branding and UI/UX design, all devoted to the food innovation market.
Find out more about Youpick (Recommended to use Google Translator)
Youpick is powered by Tridge, a global agricultural trading platform. Together, we are radically pioneering the future of the food industry.
A sourcing manager will be the core linkage between local manufacturers/suppliers and Youpick Seoul HQ, who will advance with the basic communication, accelerate work tasks, and assist with the development and characterization of potential F&B products.
Job Description :
We are looking for an avid Foodie. The Sourcing Manager will be responsible for:
- Identifying New Products: You will search for tasty products that can appeal to consumers. Keeping up-to-date on food trends, and being open to trying new products is key. You will have to align with Youpick’s vision and objectives.
- Cultivate Market Data Credibility: You will evaluate the supplier's credibility based on the measurements and guidelines provided by HQ. You will collect up-to-date market information and maintain a healthy network.
- Engage and Negotiate with Suppliers: You will contact suppliers and introduce our platform. You will negotiate the basic terms, share export requirements and trading procedures, and take a key part in communication between the supplier and HQ.
- Build Accounts: You will communicate consistently with suppliers and our team at HQ, and work to construct profitable businesses.
- Work Responsibly: Independently develop and execute multiple projects under minimal supervision, with good efficiency and time management skills.
- Documentation: You will evaluate and review the products and its market positioning, validate the manufacturer’s capacity to export, and deliver the required documentation to the managers at HQ.
- Any other tasks that are necessary from the Youpick HQ.
We deeply care about the Personality and Values of each of our team members. We would like to work with people with the following:
- A foodie at heart who is always passionate in sharing with others
- Obsessive to source and discover potential products, and close deals to achieve target goals
- Pursuing authenticity of their work and mission, and engaging in good faith
- Passion for communicating, negotiating, and developing close relationships with people
- Share the vision with Youpick in delivering diverse products and services to the Korean market
- Optimistic and open to new challenges and unconventional experiences
- Born with integrity and capable of operating with high self-discipline
- Pursuit of entrepreneurship in a fast-growing organization with high authority as well as discipline
We are of a balanced view in considering the Qualifications for this position rather than expecting all of these attributes to be demonstrated from any one single individual:
- 3+ years of experience in trade, business development and market intelligence
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills in the local language
- Living in the country where you are applying for this position
- Spoken and written English skill of business level or higher recommended
- Experience & knowledge in sales or procurement in the processed food industry
- College degree or equivalent work experience
- Ability to adapt quickly to the fast-paced working environment
- Capability to handle multiple works with great time-management skills and responsibility
Working at Tridge provides the following Extra Benefits:
- Work from Home: You will be engaging directly with suppliers and buyers. You will be working in your region and reporting remotely to the Operations Team of Tridge HQ.
- Career Advancement: You will enhance career skills by encountering and overcoming challenges in working with the fast-growing team. Join us in our mission to make disruptions and solve inefficiencies in the traditional trading industry.
- F&B Import & Export
- International Trade & Development
Employment Type: Contract
Youpick is committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. We value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.