Tridge is a global agricultural trading platform that makes cross-border trade easy and frictionless. With our proprietary global sourcing hub, we go beyond matching buyers and sellers of 15,000 agricultural goods. This is facilitated through our one-stop fulfillment service that includes due diligence, supplier certificate verification, contract negotiation, packaging, shipping, customs, and many more. Powering the global sourcing hub is our data and intelligence services. Our exclusive database covers 11 million data points of agricultural goods and collects 50,000 data points each day. With greater transparency and real-time updates in price, quality, and trade volumes, Tridge removes the information asymmetry prevalent in many markets.
- Perform the role as the gatekeeper of all the organically registered buyers, identify their sourcing needs (products, varieties, volume, frequency, etc).
- For the buyers that are not interested in sourcing, but only intelligence, refer to the Intelligence team to conduct sales.
- Prospecting and shortlisting local buyers, conduct outbound cold calls and cold e-mail communication to introduce Tridge’s Offers while validating their legitimacy based on guidelines provided by Tridge HQ. Follow-up, nurture and qualify potential & prospective leads by utilizing a consistent contact attempt process.
- Submit performance reports after collecting and analyzing customer information.
- Research on local products with strong demand (import potential) and report to Tridge HQ.
- 2+ years of B2B sales, business development experience in the food and agriculture space. Experience selling fresh produce would be highly preferable.
- Also open to people with experience working with high profile customers selling services like platform-based, service packages, intelligence.
- Experience engaging with local buyers (i.e. retailers, wholesalers, traders etc) within Canada and/or actively selling agri/food related products.
- Experience or knowledge of import / export including price negotiations would be a plus.
- Excellent client management, cold calling and negotiation skills.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Highly driven, organized, outstanding time management skills and able to multitask.
- Eager to make an impact in the agriculture trading market and looking to actively drive new projects.
- Independent, can work with minimum supervision but at the same time can effectively work with remote and overseas teams.
- Ability to adapt quickly to a fast-paced working environment.
Working at Tridge provides the following Extra Benefits:
- Work from Home: You will be engaging directly with suppliers and buyers. You will be working in your region and reporting remotely to the Operations Team of Tridge HQ.
- Career Advancement: You will enhance career skills by encountering and overcoming challenges in working with the fast-growing team. Join us in our mission to make disruptions and solve inefficiencies in the traditional trading industry.
Get to know more about Tridge from our press release: