Tridge is a global agricultural trading platform that makes cross-border trade easy and frictionless. With our proprietary global sourcing hub, we go beyond matching buyers and sellers of 15,000 agricultural goods. This is facilitated through our one-stop fulfillment service that includes due diligence, supplier certificate verification, contract negotiation, packaging, shipping, customs, and many more. Powering the global sourcing hub is our data and intelligence services. Our exclusive database covers 11 million data points of agricultural goods and collects 50,000 data points each day. With greater transparency and real-time updates in price, quality, and trade volumes, Tridge removes the information asymmetry prevalent in many markets.
Tridge is looking to identify and recruit a Business Development Manager (“BDM”) who would be a key sales & business development representative of Tridge in the Chinese Food & Agriculture industry. The BDM will be the leader who sees the big picture and makes the biggest impact possible within the Agriculture industry. The BDM is comfortable working and communicating with all types of "Buyers" and "Suppliers", and should know how to translate the benefits of Tridge business into easy-to-understand language to attract them. This position will be part of Tridge's Global Operations team and report to the Senior Manager of the team.
The BDM will pioneer new market opportunities, develop existing business, and drive new sales by “own"ing a named list of enterprise accounts and will be responsible for closing new business opportunities by elevating relationships with multiple clients. Ultimately, the BDM will deliver and span out our mission -global market equilibrium- by demonstrating the value proposition of Tridge.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform the role as the gatekeeper of all the organically registered buyers, identify their sourcing needs (products, varieties, volume, frequency, etc)
- For the buyers that are not interested in sourcing, but only intelligence, refer to the Intelligence team to conduct sales
- Develop a longlist of local buyers and conduct outbound cold calls and cold e-mail communication to introduce Tridge’s Offers while validating their legitimacy based on guidelines provided by Tridge HQ
- Follow-up, nurture and qualify potential & prospective leads by utilizing a consistent contact attempt process
- Submit performance reports after collecting and analyzing customer information
- Research on local products with strong demand (import potential) and report to Tridge HQ
- Experience working in Food/Agriculture/Trading industry
- 5+ years of experience in the sales/business development background
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills in the local language
- Spoken and written English skills of conversational level or higher recommended
- Understanding of agricultural value chain in the global trade business
- College degree or equivalent work experience
Working at Tridge provides the following Extra Benefits:
- Work from Home: You will be engaging directly with suppliers and buyers. You will be working in your region and reporting remotely to the Operations Team of Tridge HQ.
- Career Advancement: You will enhance career skills by encountering and overcoming challenges in working with the fast-growing team. Join us in our mission to make disruptions and solve inefficiencies in the traditional trading industry.
Get to know more about Tridge from our press release: