Tridge is a global agricultural trading platform that makes cross-border trade easy and frictionless. With our proprietary global sourcing hub, we go beyond matching buyers and sellers of 15,000 agricultural goods. This is facilitated through our one-stop fulfillment service that includes due diligence, supplier certificate verification, contract negotiation, packaging, shipping, customs, and many more. Powering the global sourcing hub is our data and intelligence services. Our exclusive database covers 11 million data points of agricultural goods and collects 50,000 data points each day. With greater transparency and real-time updates in price, quality, and trade volumes, Tridge removes the information asymmetry prevalent in many markets.
A Supplier Engagement Manager (SEM) will act as a key liaison between local suppliers and Tridge HQ. As the local representative, SEMs will deliver our mission by building strong relationships with local suppliers through introducing Tridge and laying the foundation for successful trade deals. SEMs will collaborate with Tridge HQ daily to fully align the tasks and strategize ways to build and manage a pipeline of prospective suppliers. The performance of SEMs will be evaluated by set targets and assessed based on results regularly. A high level of ownership, a result-oriented performance, and a genuine willingness to help suppliers export successfully through Tridge are the keys to this position's success.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Identify vital local products with strong export potential
- Develop a longlist of local suppliers and shortlist by evaluating their export capacity and credibility based on the guidelines provided by Tridge HQ
- Among the shortlisted suppliers, arrange site visits and demonstrate the value of Tridge to build a rapport (join prospective suppliers as vendors)
- Based on the buyer inquiries handled by the HQ, constantly negotiate the offer prices, delivery terms, payment terms with the vendor suppliers to maximize product competitiveness
- Utilize Tridge platform to organize necessary information and documents regarding each deal throughout the trade process
- Collect scattered local market intelligence and document them through written format and visualized format (pictures, videos, etc) and report to the HQ
- 5+ years of experience in the seafood industry (Shrimp, Prawn, Tuna)
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills in the local language
- Living in the country where you are applying for this position
- Spoken and written English skills of business level or higher recommended
- Understanding of agricultural value chain in the global trade business
- College degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience with Shrimp, Prawn, and Tuna highly preferred
Working at Tridge provides the following Extra Benefits:
- Work from Home: You will be engaging directly with suppliers and buyers. You will be working in your region and reporting remotely to the Operations Team of Tridge HQ.
- Career Advancement: You will enhance career skills by encountering and overcoming challenges in working with the fast-growing team. Join us in our mission to make disruptions and solve inefficiencies in the traditional trading industry.
Get to know more about Tridge from our press release: