Tridge (https://www.tridge.com/ ) is a global agricultural trading platform that makes cross-border trade easy and frictionless. With our proprietary global sourcing hub, we go beyond matching buyers and sellers of 15,000 agricultural goods. This is facilitated through our one-stop fulfillment service that includes due diligence, supplier certificate verification, contract negotiation, packaging, shipping, customs, and many more. Powering the global sourcing hub is our data and intelligence services. Our exclusive database covers 11 million data points of agricultural goods and collects 50,000 data points each day. With greater transparency and real-time updates in price, quality, and trade volumes, Tridge removes the information asymmetry prevalent in many markets.
We are looking to hire a Buyer Engagement Manager (BEM) to join our highly performing and diverse global team.
The Buyer Engagement Manager(BEM) will act as a key liaison between local buyers and Tridge HQ. As the local representative, BEMs will deliver our mission by prospecting and qualifying a list of local buyers through introducing Tridge and laying the foundation for successful trade deals. BEMs will collaborate with Tridge HQ daily to build and manage a pipeline of prospective buyers. A high level of ownership, a result-oriented attitude, "whatever it takes" mentality are the keys to this position's success.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform the role as the gatekeeper of all the organically registered buyers, identify their sourcing needs (products, varieties, volume, frequency, etc)
- For the buyers that are not interested in sourcing, but only intelligence, refer to the Intelligence team to conduct sales
- Develop a longlist of local buyers and conduct outbound cold calls and cold e-mail communication to introduce Tridge’s Offers while validating their legitimacy based on guidelines provided by Tridge HQ
- Follow-up, nurture and qualify potential & prospective leads by utilizing a consistent contact attempt process
- Submit performance reports after collecting and analyzing customer information
- Research on local products with strong demand (import potential) and report to Tridge HQ
We are of a balanced view in considering the Qualifications for this position rather than expecting all of these attributes to be demonstrated from any one single individual:
- +5 years of experience in B2B sales, business development and/or account management experience preferably in within the food and agriculture space.
- Experienced in engaging with local buyers (i.e. retailers, wholesalers, distributors etc.) within the US and actively selling agri/food related products.
- Excellent client management, cold calling and negotiation skills.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Highly driven, organized, outstanding time management skills and able to multitask.
- Eager to make an impact in the agriculture trading market and looking to actively drive new projects.
- Independent, can work with minimum supervision but at the same time can effectively work with remote and overseas teams.
- Ability to adapt quickly in a fast-paced startup working environment.
We deeply care about the Personality and Values of each of our team members and even more importantly about those in key leadership positions. We would like to work who is with the following:
- Pursuing authenticity of their work and mission and engaging in good faith
- Obsessive to close a deal and to achieve the target goal
- Care about the people with whom they work
- Live with a high-level purpose in life
- Passion for communicating, negotiating, and developing close relationships with people
- Share the vision with the Tridge team about achieving and delivering an equilibrium in the global agricultural commodities markets
- Born with integrity and capable of operating with high self-discipline
- Pursuit of entrepreneurship in a fast-growing organization with high authority as well as discipline
Working at Tridge provides the following Extra Benefits:
- Work from Home: You will be engaging directly with suppliers and buyers. You will be working in your region and reporting remotely to the Operations Team of Tridge HQ.
- Career Advancement: You will enhance career skills by encountering and overcoming challenges in working with the fast-growing team. Join us in our mission to make disruptions and solve inefficiencies in the traditional trading industry.
Get to know more about Tridge from our press release: