Are you ready to join an agile, diverse, and global team of innovators in redefining the B2B payment space for startups and SMEs in emerging markets? Tribal Credit is built for companies looking for a better way to pay business expenses and optimize their financial management. We provide modern payment methods like multi-currency physical and virtual business Visa cards and a powerful spend management platform to track and control expenses—all in one seamless interface.
Our founders are serial entrepreneurs who have launched startups both in emerging markets and the U.S. We’re backed by leading international investors, including SoftBank, QED Investors, BECO Capital, Global Ventures, Endeavor Catalyst, Endure Capital, and OTG Ventures. We’re also part of the Visa Fintech Fast Track program among an elite group of fintechs.
This position is 100% remote, based in Mexico, and will report to the Sr. Product Engineering Manager
As the Staff Engineer you will...
- Lead the overall design of cross-functional, multi-platform, web and mobile-based application systems.
- Establishes and implements the strategic direction of Tribal’s software engineering and development initiatives.
- Collaborate with all Engineering teams to determine functional and non-functional requirements for new software applications.
- Develop high-level architecture and product specifications.
- Communicate all concepts and guidelines to the engineering teams.
- Oversee progress of software development projects to ensure consistency with design standards. Provide technical guidance and coaching to the engineering team
- Ensure software meets all security and quality requirements. Own the product architecture and ensure that the product is designed in a way that exceeds the requirements of customers.
- Work with top notch technology, such as: Go/Java, Kafka/NATS.io, CockroachDB/Redis/Snowflake, React/React Native and Kubernetes.
Who You Are
- 9+ years of experience of relevant experience as a Senior Developer / Technical Lead
- Experience in software development and coding in various languages
- Experience with native mobile and web development
- Proven contributor to the architecture and design of new and current systems
- Experience in fintech or e-commerce required
- Agile, flexible, and responsive approach to work.
- Enthusiastic, positive, friendly and a great sense of humor!
- 100% employer paid premiums (for team member and family) for healthcare (medical, dental, vision)
- 30 days Aguinaldo
- Phone/Internet Allowance
- Food Vouchers
- Vacation premium
- Unlimited time off and all public holidays
- Allowance for home office equipment
- Highly supportive team culture
- 100% remote, flexible work environment
- Market-competitive salaries
- Top-notch project management, productivity, and team engagement tools
- A wide range of learning resources, and much more!
- We’re captivated by customers: We’re captivated, obsessed, fascinated and engaged with our customer - inside and outside of Tribal. Everything we build is rooted in creating new possibilities for them, challenging what we think is impossible.
- We operate in 3D: Drive. Diagnosis. Data. We execute with drive and urgency. When needed, we diagnose using data and experiments before deciding. We consider second order effects and think things through.
- We progress towards excellence: We hold ourselves and each other accountable to high standards and excellence. We balance perfection with delivery, experimentation and learning.
- We pursue learning and growth: We’re curious and passionate about learning and growing. We question assumptions, seek out information, ask for feedback, acquire new knowledge, and explore new perspectives.
- We’re human-centered as one tribe: We work as one tribe. We collaborate on issues, powered by respectful challenge and feedback. We listen to each other. We’re open to other points of view but commit once a decision is taken, supporting each other wholeheartedly on the path forward.
Equal Employment Opportunity & Privacy Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law. Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Learn more about Tribal at www.tribal.credit and www.tribal.com.br