Are you ready to join an agile, diverse, and global team of innovators in redefining the B2B payment space for startups and SMEs in emerging markets? Tribal Credit is built for companies looking for a better way to pay business expenses and optimize their financial management. We provide modern payment methods like multi-currency physical and virtual business Visa cards and a powerful spend management platform to track and control expenses—all in one seamless interface.
Our founders are serial entrepreneurs who have launched startups both in emerging markets and the U.S. We’re backed by leading international investors, including SoftBank, QED Investors, BECO Capital, Global Ventures, Endeavor Catalyst, Endure Capital, and OTG Ventures. We’re also part of the Visa Fintech Fast Track program among an elite group of fintechs.
This position is 100% remote, based in Egypt, and will report to the Sr. Engineering Manager.
As the Site Reliability Engineer you will...
- Measure and optimize system performance in service of providing a top-notch customer experience.
- Design, build, and optimize data engineering pipelines to extract data from different sources and applications and feed into cloud data platforms.
- Work closely with Data Science & Data Analytics in building, testing, data extraction, and transformation.
- Support Data Science & Data Analytic teams with the day to day activities.
- Contribute to develop Data and Analytics platform best practices, leveraging next generation cloud technologies.
- Develop processes to monitor the availability and provide an overall view of the engineering system health.
- Maintain, and continuously improve existing infrastructure pipelines and components.
- Participate in the evolution of Tribal’s technology and processes as we scale rapidly.
- Champion core security and design principles as the backbone of our engineering systems.
Who You Are
- 3+ years of infrastructure or back end systems experience.
- Experience with cloud providers (AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Adept in the development of automated tools, systems, and services in multiple technology domains.
- Experience implementing and designing CI/CD pipelines (Jenkins, GitLab CI, CircleCI, etc.)
- Experience with scripting and programming languages like Bash, Python or Go.
- Experience with Linux based operating systems.
- Experience within data delivery, ETL, and data management is a plus.
- Experience with source control management systems like Git. GitHub or GitLab are a plus.
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code tools. Terraform is a plus.
- Familiar with microservices and container architecture. Docker and Kubernetes and Kubeflow are a plus.
- Data operations experience is a plus.
- Familiar with Observability concepts.
- Hands-on experience in Production Support/Engineering.
- Fluent in English required.
- Agile, flexible, and responsive approach to work.
- Enthusiastic, positive, friendly and a great sense of humor!
- 100% employer paid premiums (for team member and family) for healthcare (medical, dental, vision).
- Highly supportive team culture.
- Hybrid working model, 100% flexible work environment.
- Market-competitive salaries.
- Top-notch project management, productivity, and team engagement tools.
- Unlimited learning resources, and much more.
- 13th Month salary
- We’re captivated by customers: We’re captivated, obsessed, fascinated and engaged with our customer - inside and outside of Tribal. Everything we build is rooted in creating new possibilities for them, challenging what we think is impossible.
- We operate in 3D: Drive. Diagnosis. Data. We execute with drive and urgency. When needed, we diagnose using data and experiments before deciding. We consider second order effects and think things through.
- We progress towards excellence: We hold ourselves and each other accountable to high standards and excellence. We balance perfection with delivery, experimentation and learning.
- We pursue learning and growth: We’re curious and passionate about learning and growing. We question assumptions, seek out information, ask for feedback, acquire new knowledge, and explore new perspectives.
- We’re human-centered as one tribe: We work as one tribe. We collaborate on issues, powered by respectful challenge and feedback. We listen to each other. We’re open to other points of view but commit once a decision is taken, supporting each other wholeheartedly on the path forward.
Equal Employment Opportunity & Privacy Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law. Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.