Are you ready to join an agile, diverse, and global team of innovators in redefining the B2B payment space for startups and SMEs in emerging markets? Tribal Credit is built for companies looking for a better way to pay business expenses and optimize their financial management. We provide modern payment methods like multi-currency physical and virtual business Visa cards and a powerful spend management platform to track and control expenses—all in one seamless interface.
Our founders are serial entrepreneurs who have launched startups both in emerging markets and the U.S. We’re backed by leading international investors, including SoftBank, QED Investors, BECO Capital, Global Ventures, Endeavor Catalyst, Endure Capital, and OTG Ventures . We’re also part of the Visa Fintech Fast Track program among an elite group of fintechs.
This position is 100% remote, based in Mexico, and will report to the Chief Credit Officer.
As the Credit Resolutions & Collections Director you will...
- Maintain direct responsibility and accountability for day-to-day performance of internal collection resolution team and Third Party agencies for LATAM and MENA.
- Communicates with customers concerning status of delinquent accounts.
- Develop, implement, and analyze collection results and outreach strategies. This includes deploying new tools, omni-channel strategies, and overall process re-engineering.
- Manage problem asset strategies, workout negotiations, restructuring and exit strategies.
- Establishes strong working relationships with the Sales and Customer Success teams to support collections efforts.
- Coordinate execution of successful agency vendor pricing and contract negotiations.
- Develop and manage the collection escalation process which may include collection agencies and litigation specialists.
- Work with counsel to manage litigation risks with a goal of minimizing the reputational and financial impact to Tribal.
- Update leadership on a regular basis regarding progress on projects, performance and potential risks.
- Prepare supporting information and present findings to management.
- Help formulate and revise applicable policies and procedures to address new product enhancements and regulations.
- Help formulate and revise credit policies and procedures to address new product enhancements and regulations.
- Review various data and/or analysis to identify opportunities and work collaboratively to identify solutions or methods to further enhance results.
Who You Are
- 8+ years of experience in a management role leading collections and recoveries in financial services.
- Background in negotiating workouts and/or credit agreements.
- Ability to handle multiple high-level priorities in a fast-paced work environment.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) and ability to communicate with individuals at all levels within the organization.
- Excellent analytical skills and strong decision-making abilities.
- Aptitude for logically breaking down complex problems and communicating solutions with clarity.
- Self-motivated and proactive team player who takes ownership of and accountability for initiatives, experience in a startup environment is a plus.
- Strong organizational skills, such as effectively managing evolving priorities and strict deadlines.
- Preference to work in a highly dynamic and collaborative environment with heavy emphasis on teamwork, consensus and relationships.
- Fluent in Spanish and English required.
- Agile, flexible, and responsive approach to work.
- Enthusiastic, positive, friendly and a great sense of humor!
- 100% employer paid healthcare insurance for team members and family.
- 30 days Aguinaldo.
- Phone/Internet Allowance.
- Food Vouchers.
- Vacation premium.
- Unlimited time off and all public holidays.
- Allowance for home office equipment.
- Headspace subscription.
- Highly supportive team culture.
- 100% remote, flexible work environment.
- Market-competitive salaries.
- Top-notch project management, productivity, and team engagement tools.
- Unlimited learning resources, and much more.
- Passionate about creating value: We experiment with new possibilities, to effect positive change for the world around us.
- Devoted to high standards: We don’t merely do the work, we strive for excellence, precision, and mastery at what we do.
- Proactively learning and growing: We’re curious and passionate about learning and growing.
- Human-centered: We put people’s welfare at the center of everything we do.
- Candid, open, connected: We work in perfect sync powered by open, continuous communication and feedback.
Equal Employment Opportunity & Privacy Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law. Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.