TrialSpark is a technology-driven drug development company that runs end-to-end clinical trials, focused on bringing new treatments to patients faster and more efficiently.
The biggest bottleneck in bringing new treatments to patients is the clinical trial. On average, getting a drug through the trial process takes nearly a decade and frequently costs $1B+. To combat this industry problem, TrialSpark has built a technology platform that optimizes all aspects of a clinical trial, enabling more efficient trial design, faster trial completion, and higher trial data quality.
TrialSpark recently raised their Series C, and is putting the capital to work by in-licensing and co-developing drug programs through in-house development, joint ventures, and NewCos. Together with doctors, patients, and communities, TrialSpark is working to develop the treatments of tomorrow.
About the Position
TrialSpark’s Infrastructure team is responsible for the tools and services that enable our Engineering teams to deliver high quality products quickly including Cloud hosting, CI/CD, and Observability. As the team’s Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for team health and performance. You will partner with Engineering Management and your stakeholder engineering teams to improve engineering ergonomics and to raise our technical quality bar in service of faster and more efficient clinical trials. You are an example of what TrialSpark engineering should be, and will be deeply involved in setting the technical and cultural tone of our engineering organization. Ultimately, you will be responsible for the Infrastructure team and their ability to deliver high-quality software in a timely manner.
- You have led engineering teams to deliver high-quality software by providing technical guidance and serving in a technical leadership capacity when needed.
- You have built trust with your reports and team, identifying opportunities for their growth and sponsoring and delegating to them.
- You have managed your team’s performance effectively, and have informed team resourcing and composition adjustments asf necessary.
- You have collaborated with various stakeholders to align on priorities, create roadmaps, and deliver high quality results.
- You are humble, collaborative, service-oriented, and a fast learner.
- If you’ve worked with Python, TypeScript, PostgreSQL, Terraform in AWS, hosted or managed CI systems like CircleCI, hosted or managed database systems like AWS RDS and DynamoDB
- If you’re experienced with goal-setting frameworks such as OKRs and have a track record of successful delivery against those goals.
- If you’ve managed infrastructure in a regulated environment
- If you have knowledge of the healthcare industry, healthcare-related technologies, and regulatory needs (e.g. HIPAA, HITRUST).
You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.