TrialSpark is a technology-driven drug development company that runs end-to-end clinical trials, focused on bringing new treatments to patients faster and more efficiently.
The biggest bottleneck in bringing new treatments to patients is the clinical trial. On average, getting a drug through the trial process takes nearly a decade and frequently costs $1B+. To combat this industry problem, TrialSpark has built a technology platform that optimizes all aspects of a clinical trial, enabling more efficient trial design, faster trial completion, and higher trial data quality.
TrialSpark recently raised their Series C, and is putting the capital to work by in-licensing and co-developing drug programs through in-house development, joint ventures, and NewCos. Together with doctors, patients, and communities, TrialSpark is working to develop the treatments of tomorrow.
About the Position
Include but are not limited to:
- In coordination with the Head of Investments, lead the assessment of science, clinical development plans, regulatory outlook, commercial opportunities, intellectual property, competitive landscape and valuation analysis to help determine the overall attractiveness of potential investment and asset licensing opportunities
- Conduct due diligence calls with physicians, scientists, and other subject matter experts (consultants) and build therapeutic market and financial models to support investment recommendations
- Prepare and present investment materials and supporting documentation associated with potential investments
- Attend scientific, business development and broker conferences to identify investment and asset licensing opportunities
- Lead idea generation and develop thematic investment strategies to identify areas where TrialSpark can unlock additional value using our clinical development engine
- Assist in operations and other ad hoc tasks to support portfolio management
- Train and mentor junior team members
- A strong scientific background, with an M.D. and/or Ph.D. in life sciences
- 4+ years non-academic work experience in analyzing biotech companies – ideally in business development roles at pharmaceutical companies with a particular focus in inflammation and immunology, neurology, or cardiovascular and metabolic therapeutics
- Experience with licensing transactions, term sheet negotiations, and partnerships across the biopharma industry.
- Proficiency with financial statement analysis, accounting and financial modeling
- Experience working with various databases, libraries and other data sources to assist in researching companies, clinical trials, competitive positioning, commercial opportunities and other areas of interest is preferred
- Strong track record in sourcing, negotiating and closing transactions, with a high degree of diplomacy and empathic awareness
- Excellent communication skills and a proven ability to work collaboratively internally and externally.
- Strong work ethic
- Team player
- Passion for healthcare investing
- Organized and detail-oriented, with a demonstrated ability to multitask
You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.