Before new medical treatments can be administered to the public, they must demonstrate safety and efficacy in a clinical trial. These trials protect consumers from ineffective and dangerous products, but the clinical trial process also presents a tremendous bottleneck in delivering life-saving treatments to patients.
A typical trial involves coordinating between numerous parties and data formats to gather, store, analyse, and audit clinical data. Mistakes and delays are common, and fewer than 10% of trials finish on time. At TrialSpark, we are reimagining the clinical trial process from first principles, and building the technology platform for the trial of the future.
So far, we’ve worked with treatments for Ebola, Depression, and HIV. Our reach is growing rapidly, and building a world class engineering team is core to achieving our mission.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, building, testing, securing, deploying, maintaining, and improving software applications for use both by internal TrialSpark employees and for external users. You will work with product managers, designers, and other functions of the business to help set priorities, scope technical work, coordinate changes, clarify and refine requirements, and set appropriate expectations. You are autonomous and self-driven, but can work effectively in a highly collaborative and team setting.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Design, develop, test, and deploy software for TrialSpark’s proprietary applications.
- Communicate with product management and operational stakeholders to determine requirements.
- Iterate and refine software development processes and best practices for software development, with the aim of producing high-quality and validated software.
- Address any bugs and errors in TrialSpark software applications in a timely way.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in an agile software development environment.
- Familiarity with Linux-based operating systems, cloud technologies (AWS, Docker), and PostgreSQL database.
- Experience with debuggers, e.g. browser debuggers, pdb, PyCharm, etc.
- Strong technical understanding of web-based technologies.
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to convey complicated systems to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Proven track record of working with product management and shipping features to end users in a team environment.
- B.A./B.S. in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
- If you’ve worked with React, Python, Redux, Flask, and SQLAlchemy
You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.