You may not realize it, but your insurance company knows a lot more about you and your household than even your bank.
At the same time, policyholders frequently face basic problems like inadequate, redundant, or overpriced coverage.
Trellis is a Series A technology start-up building APIs and embedded experiences that empower consumers to safely and easily access, share, and use their personal insurance information to get better-tailored, higher-quality products and services that offer maximum value.
Trellis has backing from multiple top venture capital investors, led by General Catalyst and QED Investors. Trellis is one of the fastest-growing and most profitable companies in the field of insurtech.
If you have car insurance, you can try a demo of Trellis at https://savvy.insure
Quick Facts About Trellis
Founded: March 2019
Founder & CEO: Daniel Demetri
- 3x fintech start-up exec
- Co-founder of States Title (now named Doma and exiting via SPAC at a $3B valuation)
- Led Product Management at online lender Earnest ($XXXM exit to Navient)
- Previously: Google, Harvard, multiple banks and hedge funds
Vision: Consumer financial services that automatically work in concert to support personal purpose and meaning
Mission: Unlock the full value of the data in consumers' personal insurance accounts
Traction: $XXMM of annualized revenue run-rate. Strategic partnerships with multiple Top 10 insurers, multiple top fintechs (e.g. Truebill, Albert, Chime), and multiple large online publishers. Net profitable in 2020.
Key investors: QED Investors (led Series A), General Catalyst (led Series Seed), NYCA Partners
Team size: 32 full-time equivalents (May 2021) and targeting 60+ by end of 2021
Location: 100% remote (US required)
- Extreme Ownership – We fulfill our promises to each other and to our customers. We own our responsibilities 110%.
- Speed – We work quickly and pragmatically.
- Collaboration – We work transparently, solicit feedback, and leave our egos at the door.
- Craft – We do a great job for the sake of it. We’re constantly learning and working at bettering ourselves and the way that we work.
- Positivity – We focus on the potential in the world and in each other. We rise to challenges rather than complain about them. We see a cup half full instead of half empty.
Mission of the Financial Institutions (FI) Lead
The FI Lead will be responsible for building and scaling partnerships with Financial Institutions (Banks, Credit unions and Personal Lenders) by leading our outreach and nurturing efforts to find targets and sign agreements within the FI ecosystem.
The FI Lead will do this by building and maintaining a pipeline of meaningful opportunities, closing deals on a quarterly basis and growing those revenue generating relationships by working together with the Fintech Partner Success team.
Outcomes from the FI Lead
- FI pipeline development: The successful candidate will be able to develop a structured and repeatable process of maintaining a productive and revenue generating pipeline
- Net new gross profit generation: Their pipeline generating new opportunities on a regular basis with 12 month revenue run rate in the 7-figure range
- Sales Enablement strategy development: They will work closely with other internal stakeholders (including Customer Success and Marketing) to refine and adjust strategy as needed
- Visibility Plan and best-practices designed, built and actively managed: They will orchestrate outreach campaign/s, participate in conferences and develop thought-leadership content for an audience of large financial institutions
- Relationship driven: Able to listen and connect with people to understand their needs and how to best work with them
- Goal Oriented: Has no problem with ambitious goals and driving performance
- Hungry to succeed: Loves winning over and over again. Competitive nature
- Great communicator: Appropriately communicates with different stakeholders
What Trellis can offer you
Trellis has been a remote-only company since inception and will always be remote-first. We know how to cultivate a successful and highly collaborative team despite the distance. This includes:
- Quarterly virtual events to connect with your team members while celebrating our success and accomplishments
- Budget for home office equipment.
- Clear norms and etiquette around virtual meetings.
- Semi-annual in person retreats with both work and non-work activities (once travel is safe again)
In addition to being one of the best remote companies to work for, Trellis also offers:
- A very generous time off policy with unlimited sick and personal days.
- 100% company-paid Platinum health plans for employees. Generous subsidy for dependents.
- 401(k) retirement savings plan.
- A fulfilling, high impact role on a team working to completely change the way people shop for insurance.