You may not realize it, but your insurance company knows a lot more about you and your household than even your bank.
At the same time, policyholders frequently face basic problems like inadequate, redundant, or overpriced coverage.
Trellis is a Series A technology start-up building APIs and embedded experiences that empower consumers to safely and easily access, share, and use their personal insurance information to get better-tailored, higher-quality products and services that offer maximum value.
Trellis has backing from multiple top venture capital investors, led by General Catalyst and QED Investors. Trellis is one of the fastest-growing and most profitable companies in the field of insurtech.
If you have car insurance, you can try a demo of Trellis at https://savvy.insure
Quick Facts About Trellis
Founded: March 2019
Founder & CEO: Daniel Demetri
- 3x fintech start-up exec
- Co-founder of States Title (now named Doma and exiting via SPAC at a $3B valuation)
- Led Product Management at online lender Earnest ($XXXM exit to Navient)
- Previously: Google, Harvard, multiple banks and hedge funds
Vision: Consumer financial services that automatically work in concert to support personal purpose and meaning
Mission: Unlock the full value of the data in consumers' personal insurance accounts
Traction: $XXMM of annualized revenue run-rate. Strategic partnerships with multiple Top 10 insurers, multiple top fintechs (e.g. Truebill, Albert, Chime), and multiple large online publishers. Net profitable in 2020.
Key investors: QED Investors (led Series A), General Catalyst (led Series Seed), NYCA Partners
Team size: 32 full-time equivalents (May 2021) and targeting 60+ by end of 2021
Location: 100% remote (US required)
- Extreme Ownership – We fulfill our promises to each other and to our customers. We own our responsibilities 110%.
- Speed – We work quickly and pragmatically.
- Collaboration – We work transparently, solicit feedback, and leave our egos at the door.
- Craft – We do a great job for the sake of it. We’re constantly learning and working at bettering ourselves and the way that we work.
- Positivity – We focus on the potential in the world and in each other. We rise to challenges rather than complain about them. We see a cup half full instead of half empty.
About the role
The Talent Acquisition Manager will be responsible for building and driving the talent acquisition apparatus at Trellis. They will be a key leader as the organization seeks to grow significantly over the next 12 months, and will partner closely with departments such as Engineering that have aggressive hiring goals. They will be instrumental in designing Trellis' approach to best practices when it comes to Talent sourcing, interviewing, cultivation and onboarding. They will help departmental hiring managers customize their approach to sourcing and interviewing and oversee the management of candidate touchpoints. They will also drive process optimization by careful maintenance of the Greenhouse platform by designing and running actionable dashboards, surfacing risks and bottlenecks, and ensuring that the wheels of the recruiting bus keep turning.
Your responsibilities and required skills/experiences
- Manage a talent acquisition process that is capable of hiring up to 30-50 employees in the upcoming year
- Demonstrated success across all functional areas and hiring levels
- Significant experience in and comfortability with recruiting for Engineering roles
- Successful "face of" company credentials
- Comfortability with completing preliminary aspects of interviews (resume screens, preliminary screening calls)
- Strong logistical management skills, with the ability to manage multiple stakeholders who are touching the recruiting process - both internal hiring managers and external recruiters/vendors
- Successfully design a talent acquisition strategy and best-practice processes of sourcing, interview and evaluation processes, and cultivation
- Ability to customize best-practice approaches to specific Job needs
- Ability to advocate for best-practice adherence with departmental hiring managers
- Ability to manage offer/no-offer discussions of candidates and make sure that hiring directors are using data points as the basis for decisioning
- Successful shape the future vision and strategic plan for talent pipeline
- Able to create a strategic plan for sourcing talent based on a 6-12 month company vision
- Able to anticipate issues across the pipeline and raise "red flags" when team is in danger of not hitting targets
- Able to liaison with and collaborate with external recruiting partners to find the best talent for Trellis
- Able to drive sourcing and resource allocation decisions with data (mostly mined from Greenhouse and other sourcing platforms)
- Experience in crafting "The Story of" for the company, including a compelling value proposition and selling points for both roles and the company as a whole
- Can work with senior leadership to craft initial story
- Can successfully manage the story as the company grows
- Can translate the story into role-specific value propositions and selling points
- 3-5 years minimum as part of a talent acquisition team, with demonstrated ownership of one or more functional areas
- Significant experience in Engineering/Technical recruiting roles, with a good level of comfortability around technical roles/language
- Greenhouse fluency preferred
- Extreme Ownership: We fulfill our promises to each other and to our customers. We own our responsibilities 110%.
- Speed: We work quickly and pragmatically.
- Collaboration: We work transparently, solicit feedback, and leave our egos at the door.
- Craftsmanship: We're craftspeople constantly learning and working at bettering ourselves and the way that we work
What Trellis can offer you
Trellis has been a remote-only company since inception and will always be remote-first. We know how to cultivate a successful and highly collaborative team despite the distance. This includes:
- Quarterly virtual events to connect with your team members while celebrating our success and accomplishments
- Budget for home office equipment.
- Clear norms and etiquette around virtual meetings.
- Semi-annual in person retreats with both work and non-work activities (once travel is safe again)
In addition to being one of the best remote companies to work for, Trellis also offers:
- A very generous time off policy with unlimited sick and personal days.
- 100% company-paid Platinum health plans for employees. Generous subsidy for dependents.
- 401(k) retirement savings plan.
- A fulfilling, high impact role on a team working to completely change the way people shop for insurance.