You may not realize it, but your insurance company knows a lot more about you and your household than even your bank.
At the same time, policyholders frequently face basic problems like inadequate, redundant, or overpriced coverage.
Trellis is a Series A technology start-up building APIs and embedded experiences that empower consumers to safely and easily access, share, and use their personal insurance information to get better-tailored, higher-quality products and services that offer maximum value.
Trellis has backing from multiple top venture capital investors, led by General Catalyst and QED Investors. Trellis is one of the fastest-growing and most profitable companies in the field of insurtech.
If you have car insurance, you can try a demo of Trellis at https://savvy.insure
Quick Facts About Trellis
Founded: March 2019
Founder & CEO: Daniel Demetri
- 3x fintech start-up exec
- Co-founder of States Title (now named Doma and exiting via SPAC at a $3B valuation)
- Led Product Management at online lender Earnest ($XXXM exit to Navient)
- Previously: Google, Harvard, multiple banks and hedge funds
Vision: Consumer financial services that automatically work in concert to support personal purpose and meaning
Mission: Unlock the full value of the data in consumers' personal insurance accounts
Traction: $XXMM of annualized revenue run-rate. Strategic partnerships with multiple Top 10 insurers, multiple top fintechs (e.g. Truebill, Albert, Chime), and multiple large online publishers. Net profitable in 2020.
Key investors: QED Investors (led Series A), General Catalyst (led Series Seed), NYCA Partners
Team size: 32 full-time equivalents (May 2021) and targeting 60+ by end of 2021
Location: 100% remote (US required)
- Extreme Ownership – We fulfill our promises to each other and to our customers. We own our responsibilities 110%.
- Speed – We work quickly and pragmatically.
- Collaboration – We work transparently, solicit feedback, and leave our egos at the door.
- Craft – We do a great job for the sake of it. We’re constantly learning and working at bettering ourselves and the way that we work.
- Positivity – We focus on the potential in the world and in each other. We rise to challenges rather than complain about them. We see a cup half full instead of half empty.
About the role
As a Reverse Engineer on the Connect Team you are responsible for black-box application security analysis. You will build both low-level and high-level technical models of software internals with the aim of describing them and making them accessible to other non-experts. In addition to assisting in providing the attacker perspective for our development teams, you’ll get your hands dirty in debuggers, dynamic binary instrumentation tools, and static binary analysis frameworks.
In this role, expect to
- Improve the stability, quality, and performance of our data collection service.
- Collaborate with teams on cross‐functional projects to secure our services and data.
- Create well thought out technical plans that solve complex business problems.
- Conduct code reviews and provide feedback and guidance to other team members.
To succeed in this role, you have
- Experience with software protection, anti-tamper, and binary analysis of web, native and mobile applications
- Knowledge of systems internals for Mobile Operating Systems such as Android and iOS
- Prior experience with tools such as JEB, Burp, Mitmproxy, Frida
- 5+ years of professional security experience
- Experience in information/network security, threat modeling, black-box security assessments
- Technical knowledge and extensive hands-on experience with security and networking architecture, networking protocols, network security design, intrusion prevention/detection, and firewall architecture
- Experience implementing capabilities within microservices and clusters
- Practical knowledge of systems installation, configuration, and administration of UNIX/Linux systems and virtual environments
- Familiarity with modern exploitation techniques, tools, and methodologies
Nice to have, but not essential
- Experience with fraud, anti-abuse, browser and device fingerprinting, and anti-bot systems
- Proficiency with container and cluster technologies, like Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with public cloud platforms (GCP, AWS, etc)
What Trellis can offer you
Trellis has been a remote-only company since inception and will always be remote-first. We know how to cultivate a successful and highly collaborative team despite the distance. This includes:
- Quarterly virtual events to connect with your team members while celebrating our success and accomplishments
- Budget for home office equipment.
- Clear norms and etiquette around virtual meetings.
- Semi-annual in person retreats with both work and non-work activities (once travel is safe again)
In addition to being one of the best remote companies to work for, Trellis also offers:
- A very generous time off policy with unlimited sick and personal days.
- 100% company-paid Platinum health plans for employees. Generous subsidy for dependents.
- 401(k) retirement savings plan.
- A fulfilling, high impact role on a team working to completely change the way people shop for insurance.