You may not realize it, but your insurance company knows a lot more about you and your household than even your bank.
At the same time, policyholders frequently face basic problems like inadequate, redundant, or overpriced coverage.
Trellis is a Series A technology start-up building APIs and embedded experiences that empower consumers to safely and easily access, share, and use their personal insurance information to get better-tailored, higher-quality products and services that offer maximum value.
Trellis has backing from multiple top venture capital investors, led by General Catalyst and QED Investors. Trellis is one of the fastest-growing and most profitable companies in the field of insurtech.
If you have car insurance, you can try a demo of Trellis at https://savvy.insure
Quick Facts About Trellis
Founded: March 2019
Founder & CEO: Daniel Demetri
- 3x fintech start-up exec
- Co-founder of States Title (now named Doma and exiting via SPAC at a $3B valuation)
- Led Product Management at online lender Earnest ($XXXM exit to Navient)
- Previously: Google, Harvard, multiple banks and hedge funds
Vision: Consumer financial services that automatically work in concert to support personal purpose and meaning
Mission: Unlock the full value of the data in consumers' personal insurance accounts
Traction: $XXMM of annualized revenue run-rate. Strategic partnerships with multiple Top 10 insurers, multiple top fintechs (e.g. Truebill, Albert, Chime), and multiple large online publishers. Net profitable in 2020.
Key investors: QED Investors (led Series A), General Catalyst (led Series Seed), NYCA Partners
Team size: 32 full-time equivalents (May 2021) and targeting 60+ by end of 2021
Location: 100% remote (US required)
- Extreme Ownership – We fulfill our promises to each other and to our customers. We own our responsibilities 110%.
- Speed – We work quickly and pragmatically.
- Collaboration – We work transparently, solicit feedback, and leave our egos at the door.
- Craft – We do a great job for the sake of it. We’re constantly learning and working at bettering ourselves and the way that we work.
- Positivity – We focus on the potential in the world and in each other. We rise to challenges rather than complain about them. We see a cup half full instead of half empty.
The Affiliate Marketing Manager will be responsible for...
You will be responsible for managing the business relationships with our marketing affiliates. You’ll help grow our network of affiliates, monitor revenue performance from our affiliate partners, and help with affiliate questions or concerns. You will be responsible for identifying trends and performance issues, helping affiliates determine which adjustments are needed for different campaigns, and coordinating with our cross-functional team to make product and/or marketing adjustments as needed to achieve performance goals.
- Onboard affiliates to our platform
- Provide tracking link URLs and instructions to affiliates
- Implement tracking pixels and postbacks
- Optimize our relationships with affiliates
- Monitor affiliate activity, analyze performance, identify areas of improvement, and recommend ways to increase affiliate performance
- Optimize commission structures for affiliates
- Coordinate with various teams to address affiliate needs/performance in an accurate and timely manner
- Maintain direct communication and recommend new campaigns for affiliates and provide performance feedback
- Re-engage inactive affiliates and deepen relationship with existing affiliates
- Present reports for relevant program metrics such as number of affiliate partners recruited, conversion rates, number of conversions generated per affiliate, etc.
- Supply occasional creative juice and ideas related to affiliate marketing
An ideal candidate will have the following qualifications...
- 2-3 years of experience in an affiliate manager role, with a solid understanding of the affiliate industry
- Strong analytical ability with demonstrated proficiency with numbers and data
- Extensive experience using web analytics tools (Looker, Amplitude) to generate reporting and uncover performance trends and insights
- Ability to work cross-functionally in a fast-paced rapidly changing environment
- Strong interpersonal skills, great communicator/influencer, and critical thinker
- Excellent project management abilities
- Scrappy, entrepreneurial mindset with a strong sense of ownership
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
What Trellis can offer you
Trellis has been a remote-only company since inception and will always be remote-first. We know how to cultivate a successful and highly collaborative team despite the distance. This includes:
- Quarterly virtual events to connect with your team members while celebrating our success and accomplishments
- Budget for home office equipment.
- Clear norms and etiquette around virtual meetings.
- Semi-annual in person retreats with both work and non-work activities (once travel is safe again)
In addition to being one of the best remote companies to work for, Trellis also offers:
- A very generous time off policy with unlimited sick and personal days.
- 100% company-paid Platinum health plans for employees. Generous subsidy for dependents.
- 401(k) retirement savings plan.
- A fulfilling, high impact role on a team working to completely change the way people shop for insurance.